All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Safe shopping at stores in Amsterdam or Zurich (sp?)
      #126218 - 11/29/04 06:05 PM
Lefty1

Reged: 08/09/04

My DH is leaving tomorrow and he says he has no idea where to shop - if he has a chance for safe foods. Any suggestions or advice?

The days of just getting up and going are no more!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Safe shopping in Zurich new
      #126256 - 11/30/04 12:38 AM
marymary

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: Zurich, Switzerland

Hey there. I live in Zurich. One of my favorite health food shops is close to the main train station (the Hauptbahnhof). It is called Müller Reformhaus Vital Shop (the "logo" is an orange background with purple/blue letters) on Rennweg 15 . Your husband should be able to find a lot of choice there! Where is he staying in Zurich? I ask because there are health food shops a bit all over the place. Not sure if he is C or D, (I am C so don't benefit much from white bread), but the bread here is really fresh and there is quite a lot of choice. Let me know if you have any other questions (unless he has left already!). You can always go to Zurich Tourism and check out information about Zurich there. I hope this has been helpful! Much love, mary

Re: Safe shopping in Zurich new
      #126273 - 11/30/04 05:03 AM
Lefty1

Thanks so much. He has left today for NYC then London tomorrow (no time to shop just a meeting there then back to the airport) So I will pass this very helpful information on to him and I will ask exactly where he is staying. Thanks again!!!

Hi Mary new
      #126291 - 11/30/04 06:57 AM
Lefty1

In answer to your first post he is IBS-A

I just got an email from him. He knows exactly where the train station is and believes that he will be able to find the store. He said he usually stays in central Zurich. I have no way to know if that is specific enough for you!

Do you have brand names of some travel food he might find there? For example, we have Luna bars and V-8 juice, plain bagles and Tofuti brand cream cheese those are some things that he would look for if traveling here in the States.

I know that the new lables will mess him up and he would prefer not to eat then eat something not safe and when he is traveling.

I would prefer that he eat! So any help is appreciated!!!

Re: Hi Mary new
      #126863 - 12/02/04 01:42 AM
marymary

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: Zurich, Switzerland

Hey there! I just saw this!! Sorry for the delayed reply!! I actually don't have any specific brand names in mind - our choice is quite limited over here (still don't know what Luna Bars are ) but the people speak English at the Müller Reformhaus and are usually pretty helpful. I have a good English-German dictionary online if you think he might want to look up specific words of ingredients he might want to avoid? Sorry that I can't be more specific! I hope his travels go well.

Re: Safe shopping in Zurich new
      #270020 - 06/18/06 06:29 AM
katieb

Reged: 06/18/06

Hi,

I am new to these message boards. I decided to log on because I am going to a conference in Zurich in July and I wanted to see if there was any information about safe eating in Zurich and I found your very useful post. I was wondering if you new any specific restaurants in Zurich that serve good safe food, is there anywhere I should really avoid? I have never been to Switzerland before and I don't know much about the cuisine. Any advice you could give would be great!

Thanks very much
Katie, Durham UK

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 888 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1045

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review