All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Feeling a bit disheartened
      #126198 - 11/29/04 02:58 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi everyone. I'm feeling really yuk again today and really disheartened. I had a mini attack this morning (felt sick last night with lots of pain and had one trip to the loo this morn) and the worst thing is it could be the 3 stalks of broccoli I ate 2 nights ago, the onion in last night's dinner or the SFS. I'm wondering if anyone else has trouble with SFS and d? I've been taking my SFS for 5 days, felt better briefly then crashed which I've had happen with just about every SFS I've ever taken (there's been about 5). Just wondering if there's anyone else out there who also can't take SFS or whether it's just me (or just something I ate)?

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling a bit disheartened new
      #126200 - 11/29/04 03:09 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Poor Amy!
I know that onions that are not REALLY REALLY well cooked kill me. Not sure about SFS as I am not on one. Broccoli also gives me serious gas.

Hope you feel better soon,

--------------------
S.

Question for Sinead... new
      #126202 - 11/29/04 03:32 PM
doubletrouble

Hi Sinead! Thanks. If you don't mind me asking is there a reason why you're not on an SFS? And do you do perfectly well without one? I've just never been able to take them but kind of thought I had to with this diet but maybe I'd be better off without one?

--------------------
Amy

#126210 - 11/29/04 05:08 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hello
I don't take an SFS anymore!! I have treid a couple and all have helped a little but caused more gas and pain than they helped!! I do pretty good just watching what I eat and taking my meds!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Feeling a bit disheartened-thanks heather. new
      #126215 - 11/29/04 05:32 PM
doubletrouble

Hi Heather. Thanks for the info (and for the wishes). I don't feel at my absolute worst, it's just a bit of a set back I guess but makes you think "why, I've been doing everything right!" I was under the (false) impression that everyone on these boards pretty much was taking SFS but I guess you and Sinead are proof that you can still get better without them. I've found pretty much the same. The gas it's been causing has been insane (therefore causing pain). Maybe I'll try the diet without for a while and worry about it in the future.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Feeling a bit disheartened-thanks heather. new
      #126217 - 11/29/04 05:52 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I would give it a try!! I will tell you what there are quit a few of us not taking a SFS!! So you won't be alone!! I just found the gas and pain to much from them!! I can control it with diet!! I do have a problem with cheating ( never been real good at diets)but even when I have an attack( from cheating ) now it is not nearly as bad!!! Good Luck!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#126224 - 11/29/04 06:34 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

sorry you are feeling yucky...poor you.
I cannot really have broccoli or onions, however a word on the SFS...I have only tried acacia..and am ibs c mainly (a touch of A sometimes) and I was terribly C when I started it, 1/3rd of a teaspoon and had terrible D that night...the worst! So I went down to 1/7th of a tsp and my IBS went awful still..my symptoms at their worst - horrible churny bowel movements, funny looking poos and shocking nausea...so I stopped...I am not sure if I am ever going to try another one...but seems I was majorly intolerant to it!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#126235 - 11/29/04 07:32 PM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

I was just wondering if you are starting with too much SFS or maybe there was too much insoluble fiber that you may have to cut out until you get well stablized.

#126237 - 11/29/04 07:37 PM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

I guess everyone is a little different so you just have to try diet alone and see if that will work for you. It never would work for me very long before I would have another attack but that is just me I guess.

answer for doubletrouble new
      #126272 - 11/30/04 05:01 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Amy,

The only SFS I could find here was psyllium. I tried it and almost gagged, and haven't had it since. I am stable without the SFS. I had been considering ordering acacia but its too messy for me the way it comes at the moment.

I have not ruled out taking it, as I understand from the others that when they take it they feel a lot better, its just a combination of reasons that mean that I don't.

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7543 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2080

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review