All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Aleve/Anaprox new
      #37556 - 01/15/04 07:17 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Naproxen sodium (Aleve/Anaprox) is great! You must take it as soon as you feel the first twinges, but it really stops the pain dead. I used it thru my teenage years, when I had really horrid cramps (age 11 on - yay ).

I always took it with a little bit of food (in retrospect, it was always soluble fiber like applesauce or a dry cookie) since it can upset your stomach. I have not taken it for years and years, though (love that Pill!), and so cannot say exactly how it affected my IBS back then. I'm also IBS-C, so I really can't say how you IBS-D folks would be affected....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Which cramps are worse? new
      #37560 - 01/15/04 07:33 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I feel reallly bad for you all who suffer with menstrual
cramps. My cramps improved after childbirth and improved more once I started IBS diet.

I now suffer with headaches that can cause blurry vision, dizziness and anger. These are all new symptoms and I can not wait to see my Gyn. next week to talk about this.

Does anyone suffer with this?

Re: PMS and IBS...HELP! new
      #37566 - 01/15/04 08:16 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Wow! this must be the month for all of us. I haven't felt bad for a while and this month even sick to my tummy.
I drink lots of hot chamomile and stick to a somewhat blan diet if I were having a flare up it helps.. Try red raspberry leaf tea for the cramps. Real long hot shower on my tummy like the hot packs.I can't have any pain meds or I have a DDDD time. Try blueberries too, and don't forget to take your vitamins, maybe even trying a B-complex for the mood swings..Us women boy do we deal with alot, but somehow we always make it with a better outcome.

Re: PMS and IBS...HELP! new
      #37614 - 01/15/04 09:20 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I feel for you ladies. I have been so fortunate to never get terrible cramps...but I do get moody...ok no let's not sugar coat it ....I get just plain B*tchy!

The only thing that helps is Midol! I know it has caffeine in it, but I have never really had a problem with it. It's the only thing that makes it so hubby will not kick me out of the house...or so that he will actually come home after work LOL

I would have never thought it was a NO NO!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Midol new
      #37619 - 01/15/04 09:25 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I can handle the Midol Complete only if I take it in the am, and right after I've eaten breakfast, because of the caffeine. It does say on the package it contains as much caffeine as 1 cup of coffee.

The Midol PMS I can handle with no problems.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 374 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4245

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review