All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Do you guys have this too?
      #124552 - 11/22/04 06:48 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Do you guys have this too? I wake up feeling fine and then as soon as I go to the bathroom (be it a normal bm, or not) it brings on cramping. It's not very time but often enough. I can feel amazing but as soon as my bowels relieve themselves it must create some kind of spastic condition.

My question is does anyone else have this because my doctors have all said that bm's are supposed to feel better not create cramping and pain after having a bm. That's one of the reasons why my doctors have not been sure about whether or not this is IBS. I am still waiting to get my results back...

Anyhow, thanks and any input is appreciated!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Do you guys have this too? new
      #124556 - 11/22/04 07:05 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

When I have a bm, it's hard to stop my bowels from going. Ang going. And going.

I take T-3 after a bm to stop the cramping and spasming (no water with the med, cos it only speeds things up). When my system is going, it's kinda like trying to stop a toilet from flushing... it doesn't want to stop until everything's out of me. Imodium also helps slow everything down too.

What meds are you on already?

~nelly~

#124560 - 11/22/04 07:20 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Yes yes and yes.
It never used to happen to me all the years I was C, but since the bloody transition to IBS A following what I think was a parasite infection 6 months ago - well, now I am scared of the urge to poo because it can make me sooo nauseous afterwards and then this constant urge to go again and again. and its not even that the poo is sloppy, its pretty well formed..that horrible churning urge. oh I wish I knew what caused it and I long for a normal feeling of relief after I poo....

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#124562 - 11/22/04 07:34 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Know exactly what you mean...happpens to me daily....dont know what is it...but I HATE it! Just when you wake up and everything feels fine...then you go the toilet and everything can change within minutes...its horrible! I also notice that when I take an immodium with water it speeds things up...but I dont know how I can avoid that because the ones I take are capsule form...can u get the dissolve in your mouth ones on prescription??

--------------------
Natalie

#124571 - 11/22/04 07:46 AM
Nelly

There are chewable ones available-- no water needed. But it usually takes me double those to do the job of one capsule. Also you could try the liquid form. The flavoring makes me throw up so I can't do that one, tho, but they tell me it works fast if you can tolerate it!!

~nelly~

immodium... new
      #124581 - 11/22/04 08:11 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I use chewables.. not dissolves... but they can be taken wihtout water..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#124588 - 11/22/04 08:50 AM
Sara-Sage

I guess it's not that uncommon.

I feel bad for ya as I've been kinda following your new developments.

I wish we could all eat and go potty like normal people too!

#124590 - 11/22/04 08:55 AM
Sara-Sage

Wow, that would be annoying. For me when I do have 'd' I usually know because I go three times in a row between getting up and eating. But I take Imodium and that stops it dead in it's tracks for the day. But I still ahve some cramping like I do today. It will probably go away after I eat lunch but still annoying none the less!

The only med I'm on is Celexa which is an AD. I tried 2 different kinds of anti-spasmotics but they did not work at all.

The Celexa has worked wonders but I looked back at the last 2 months and it gives me approx. 4 good days out of seven. So I still have those bad days in between (like today). I thought I had more good days until I actually looked it up.

What are you on? Have a great day Nelly!

#124615 - 11/22/04 10:44 AM
Nelly

Hey SS! I'm on sodium cromalin to stop histamine reactions to normal foods I'm not allergic to. In addition to the pain meds, I'm on Rx strength imodium, 4mg, 60 a month. I always end up buying more otc imodium, tho!

Yes, PITY us D-ers. Nothing like poop flying outta your butt in addition to the pain, gas, and cramping to help that anxiety!! Booo-yeh!

I've got the week off, and having a rockin' good time of it today! Sleep, puppy therapy, lunch with BF, now some tivo-ed shows from last week and some more relax time is on my agenda.

~nelly~

#124651 - 11/22/04 12:14 PM
Sara-Sage

Have yourself a ball Nelly! Sounds liek fun so far!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 495 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2322

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review