All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Snacking
      #124213 - 11/20/04 11:45 PM
Amari

Reged: 10/29/04

I am still eating three meals..I can't get it into my head about having small meals and some snacks in between. What are some good snacking foods?? I need things that I can have on the go when I am out, like a muffin or fruit-but something different....

Cheers,
A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Snacking new
      #124221 - 11/21/04 03:12 AM
Vickie

Reged: 11/20/04

You know what i found are great? Chocolate rice crispy squares. They really satisfy me if i just fancy something sweet. There's no real chocolate (so no milk, hurray) just cocoa powder, and nothing else on the packet of mine seems to be a trigger.
Plus, they're very low fat, full of nice soluble rice puffs, and the particular pack i've got are only 100 cals a square.
I'm off shopping today actually, so I'll let you know if I find any hidden gems!

#124224 - 11/21/04 03:48 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Amari
My personal favourite snacks are bananas and salt and pepper flavour pretzels...oh and Apple Bake Bars mmmm

Check out this thread which has a lot more info.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#124229 - 11/21/04 04:45 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

my big ones: luna bars, muffins, pretzels, chidori (little round cookies made like fortune cookies, but flat) and turkey jerky... I have to get it from the jerky factory or trader joes though- every brand the other stores carry has MSG or HFCS in it...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#124231 - 11/21/04 05:22 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I work at home so its very easy for me to eat SEVERAL small meals a day, and that's the only way I CAN eat, so that's good. If I eat a ton of food at once, safe or not, I just feel ill. So a snack for me might me something others would consider a meal, like a small heling of leftover cooked carrots and a couple meatballs (I make myself, safe for me...), a muffin with applesauce, a really packed smoothie, a Luna bar if I'm on the go, etc.

GL figuring this out, I think it makes a big difference.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#124232 - 11/21/04 07:37 AM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

That was just about what I was going to say. I make Rice Krispie treats with Cocoa Krispies (the generic brand in a bag because they don't have HFCS like the boxed ones.) I use "I can't believe its not Butter" in them but much less than it calls for and Kraft Marshmallows because they don't have HFCS. I wrap them individually and freeze them. What a great treat. I also find rice things called Quakes in the store. The cinnamon ones are really good. I also found a low fat snack called Twists. They are very good also. Angel food cake, I will slice and put in the freezer and take out a slice at a time. Some I find flavored with maple nut or strawberry. very good and low fat. Just a few ideas. Anyone have more ideas for me also?

#124491 - 11/21/04 09:16 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

I am the biggest fan of rice crackers and noodle cups. "Fantastic" brand is what I usually get (you're in Aussie, right? I think they're made there). Griffins "Fruitli" bars are quite good as well, but I'm not sure if they're available over there.
If I'm at home for the day I'll sometimes get a nice loaf of sourdough from the bakery and just cut a slice or two whenever.

--------------------
*Emma*

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3097 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 778

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review