All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Foods that make you belch
      #124119 - 11/20/04 04:29 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I think that bananas are causing me to burp more than belch more than usual. Well, not belch, but come back up, if that makes sense.
I was wondering if others found certain foods that caused burping more so than others or am I just weird? I love bananas but I've read so many bad reports on them, maybe I'm just attributing the belching to the bananas.
So, anyone else have a food that makes them prone to belching? Don't we just have the best topics of conversation on this board!
I am so glad I found you all!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Foods that make you belch new
      #124128 - 11/20/04 04:42 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

My culprits that spring to mind are peppers, anything carbonated(which I no longer drink), garlic.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#124134 - 11/20/04 04:50 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Three things I can't eat: peppers (doesn't matter how they're cooked), oregano, and Bacos. All are perfectly safe, I just taste them for days if I eat them.

#124285 - 11/21/04 11:28 AM
FEMBETH

Reged: 09/20/04

I did not realize that things like oregano could bother you. Could parsley or garlic give you a attack or just bloated? I have recently been have more attacks again and I have been eating parsley and I have been using butter substitute (Flieshmens lactose free) I have wondering if these could possibly be bothering me?

#124289 - 11/21/04 11:42 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I have always found garlic pretty hard to digest, I am not sure if its IBS related, or linked to the fact that I used it most with red meat in bolognese, lasagne etc. Different people can tolerate different foods.

Sometimes a lot of garlic (say very strong garlic in a heavy meal) can bring on a D attack in me, but I am usually careful so this doesn't happen very often.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#124419 - 11/21/04 04:09 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I can tolerate a LOT of roasted garlic and a decent amount of it in things otherwise, but what I can't tolerate is a LOT of heat.. DH put too much spice in the sauce last night and my spaghetti led to an up all night nightmare and I had to work today.. he used cayenne pepper AND daves insanity sauce, but I had no clue he did it till I tasted it..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Yep garlic does me in too!! new
      #124505 - 11/22/04 01:28 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Dont know what it is but everytime I use garlic...especially if I use a whole clove or something...I feel really yucky for the rest of the day and Im sure its also contributed to d attacks with me too. Peppers are also bad...no matter how cooked they are (or how much i love them) my body just doesnt like digesting them!

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 186 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 683

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review