All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
bloat and pants..
      #123926 - 11/20/04 08:11 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

ok- I have taken to measuring- the widest bloat spot, the waist and the size above.. DH's Idea.. to see how bad it is after leaving the house in loose pants and coming home feeling like I was dying.. too tight...

anyway- over the first 24 hours I had over a 2" variation in the waist #... but not the widest point... then when I ate dairy yesterday it became a 4" variation and a 2" variation at the widest point on my belly... no wonder I have trouble keeping clothes comfy...
I love my waistless sheath dresses in summer.. but with my office averaging 78 degrees and the outside temps closer to
30 outside... I can't wear the summer ones outside and the winter ones I sweat to death in here... so I am down to pants and layered tops... someone suggested getting maternity pants the other day... I hate low rise because I don't have hips and have issues with them staying up... and I have to wear slacks.. I do have 2 pairs that work here in the office- one has a tie over the button and I can tighten them up with it, as well as if I undo the button and wear a long shirt no one notices.. the other has an elastic band, but they fall down if I'm not slightly bloated when I start out the day...

What do you all think? does this sound insane to you? or should I go find maternity pants and try it?

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Have you seen this? new
      #123931 - 11/20/04 08:23 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I posted this in the living room for laughs (I mean you have to laugh or cry). These are my stretch low rise Levis, they fall around my hips when not bloated but still manage to work when I look like this:

http://pages.ivillage.com/jedimommy/guess/

I've taken to wearing really loose dresses when it's terrible, or overalls work great (baggy ones!)

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Have you seen this? new
      #123973 - 11/20/04 10:21 AM
khyricat

I saw it... but the problem is that I can't wear the low rise- they fall off because I have almost non existant hips.. or at least the pairs I tried on did... have been trying to come up with other alternatives.. I love dresses and normally go that route, but can't with the temperature issue here at work right now..

thanks for answering though!

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Re: bloat and pants.. new
      #124009 - 11/20/04 01:08 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I can certainly relate to your problem. I always wear knit paints with elastic waists. The elastic can't be too tight, either. Then sometimes I cut the elastic just at the waistline to expand them a little.(tacky, huh) If I'm not as bloated, I put a safety pin in to make them tighter. Of course, I wear my knit top out and not tucked in so no one knows.

I think the pants with the drawstring are a great answer, also. Maternity pants could do the trick, too.
I can't wear hip huggers either....they just aren't comfy on me.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

#124023 - 11/20/04 01:32 PM
khyricat

knit pants aren't acceptable work attire, or I'd use them.. in the summer its easy- sheath dresses with jackets in case the AC is too cool... long loose and flowing, plenty of space to hide bloat...

in the winter I feel like I have to fight to find solutions. wish I could wear knit pants here to work.. would make life so much simpler...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#124034 - 11/20/04 02:15 PM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

Oh My!!! That's terrible. You must have a lot of pain.

#124497 - 11/22/04 12:57 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

I don't usually get extreme, extreme bloating (except the time I had a salad burger from McDonalds)... but I usually wear drawstring pants. There's a really good place here called Fin which makes drawstrings that don't look at all scruffy. They're stretch denim or other quite heavy material, and they look quite nice with an untucked shirt or top.
If you or someone you know is handy with a sewing machine, you could probably make something similar. I'll take a pic for you if you're interested.

--------------------
*Emma*

#124502 - 11/22/04 01:18 AM
marymary

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: Zurich, Switzerland

Hi there, I just saw this message (and the attached picture) - I almost cried. That's exactly what happens to me when I bloat and sometimes I think I am just imagining what I see in the mirror! Evil bloating. Thanks for posting it. You have beautiful children btw (hope you don't mind - I took a peak at the photoalbum...). love, mary

Of course I don't mind!! Thanks! nt new
      #124513 - 11/22/04 03:54 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#124528 - 11/22/04 04:43 AM
khyricat

hrm- wonder if I can find a pattern for something like that at Joann's they have a sale going on, but then again I have no sewing supplies until we move- it all went in storage... probably ought to wait...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 895 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16607

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review