All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
help me learn to relax
      #123775 - 11/19/04 04:12 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

so following on from a post I put on the Living room about freaking out about my transition from C to A...and not feeling in control of my BMs anymore or poo form..I wanted to ask a question. Since I was always a C, it is weird for me to have to go more then once a day and makes me feel like I am going to get D (plus I am in disbelief constantly that I can be eating this much white stuff and still doing soft logs!)....it really panics me (I think I am going to get some psycho help...seriously need to learn not to get scared and think myself into an attack).
So, for those of you on a more normal day (ie relatively stabilised) how much do you poo and how many times? what does it look like (colour, shape...is it sometimes a bit too soft)? Do you have to wipe a lot?
I know this is a graphic post, but it would really mean a lot to me if you could convince me that doing 3 logs a day is actually cause for celebration, not fear.
I never thought I would dream of being C again...pathetic...you really get used to what you live with for a long time...don't you!
Lots of love and logs! (:-))
me XXXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

LOGS ARE GOOD! new
      #123777 - 11/19/04 04:21 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Better out than in I say! (I use this as a defence to farting too!)

I often have a little poo every time I pee. Just a marble.
I often poo after each meal. AS long as its not D its good, and the softer the better for haemmorroids.
Since I am A mine is either dark and marble like or lighter and perfectly formed and soft, necessitating wiping.

I think I probably poo twice a day most days, defintely after breakfast every day (mm porridge!) and at least one other time.

Yes, better out than in.

Sinead

PS doesn't it feel odd to type the word "poo"!!

--------------------
S.

Re: LOGS ARE GOOD! new
      #123779 - 11/19/04 04:24 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Sinead,
Your use of the word Logs in the title of the post really offends me

Haha just kidding, I couldn't resist.
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

PANDA!!!!! new
      #123781 - 11/19/04 04:26 PM
cailin

OMG Panda..(can I still say that?) my heart was in my mouth when I read that, I was trying to make dalia laugh...should I modify it? I am not usually so graphic, she started it honest!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Edited by cailin (11/19/04 04:32 PM)

Logs????? new
      #123791 - 11/19/04 05:01 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

OK, I read the titles of the posts, "help me relax" and "logs are good"... ...
Gosh, I thought maybe it was gonna be about journalling (you know, logs)

Re: Logs????? new
      #123792 - 11/19/04 05:02 PM
cailin

I am not going to live this one down am I?

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Logs!!!??? LOL! I love it!! new
      #123794 - 11/19/04 05:07 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Just had to make a comment on your use of terminology!!!

FYI... some people can go up to 3 or 4 times a day. It really depends on the individual!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Honey, "CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, COME ON!!!!" new
      #123797 - 11/19/04 05:23 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I haven't been in days. I don't feel uncomfortable yet but I fear that is what lies ahead. I'm laying on the prunes now! As long as they are "logs" and not diarrhea looking mess I'd be thrilled and try to relax. I understand the frustration of having your whole life revolve around what you see in the toilet... kind of depressing after a while. Back when I was so C that they were wondering how they were going to get it out, I had my MOM and husband calling me wanting an "update". I felt like I was in labor again, and everyone wanting to know if the baby had been born yet!!!! I promised them I'd let them know when I "delivered" and if they didn't leave me the heck alone I was going to weigh and measure it for them too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there...

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Rotflmbo!!!! new
      #123830 - 11/19/04 08:29 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

NOPE NEVER!!! To Funny!! Now every time I go I am going to be thinking of Lumber Jackes!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: help me learn to relax new
      #123831 - 11/19/04 08:33 PM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

take it from someone who measures how her day is going by how many "logs" she can get out.....3 a day is WONDERFUL. Maybe it just means you're finally getting regular. My gastro guy said that it didn't matter how often you were going. As long as it wasn't all wet & mushy, you were having a regular BM & that's what you body needed to get out. Try not to let it worry you....enjoy it!!
Meryl

I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH new
      #123840 - 11/19/04 09:30 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I am absolutely wetting myself reading the posts that followed below...you are hysterical....about the offending thing! hahahahhaha...am I the only person that calls them logs?! hahahahaha...thank you all so much for your poo details. you are so sweet to let me into your private logging moments! ohhhhh I love you all, thank you so much.....

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#123956 - 11/20/04 09:40 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

You're too funny! What a question!

Ok, I went from constant 'd' 3-4 times when I first woke up. That was ages ago now. I now have solid bm's that can definitely be described as "logs". ha ha

So I am pleased as, to me, those are healthier bm's.

Re: I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH new
      #123968 - 11/20/04 10:00 AM
cailin

Quote:

am absolutely wetting myself reading the posts that followed below...

Now this IS NOT healthy and I WOULD worry about! Better out than in DOES NOT extend to that!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#123971 - 11/20/04 10:19 AM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

daliatree,

This JUST hapened to me. I finally got all of the constipation out using some Milk of Mag. A couple days later (after giving my bowels a rest), I began my daily regimin of 1T Benefiber at bedtime. The next day I went twice, both soft and perfect, but still twice. I even felt like I could go once more but I held it in thinkung that D was on it's ugly way. I NEVER go more than once a day unless I am having an attack of D. I am also an A so I am either not going at all or am having D attacks. Lately though, with the help of a new doctor and a new diagnosis (long story) I have switched from IBS-D to IBS-A. At any rate, with those 2 BMs in one day, I felt like an attack was imminent (which I can not have because I have terrible hemorrhoids that thrombose or form clots whenever I get D) and I completely panicked, started crying, had to take anti anxiety meds etc... The next day, I layed off the fiber thinking maybe I should just take the fiber every other day. Now it has been 2 days and I haven't gone.

Ok, the moral of my story is that yes, you are not alone in your anxiety about this. We just never know when an attack is going to come and when we feel it might, it is only natural to "freak out" a bit ya know. The thing that I usually do in this kind of situation is say to myself 'well if it happens, it happens and i will just deal with it - no biggie'. That helps some times. Other times, I just load up on the anti-anxiety meds . Most of the time, I choose the latter.

Good luck,

Dana

--------------------
Dana

#123995 - 11/20/04 12:01 PM

Unregistered

haha - you guys are all too funny! We're going to have to start wearing Depends to read these posts haha yikes!

<<<<THE DOG POO WATCH PATROL>>>>> new
      #124006 - 11/20/04 01:00 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Whenever our dog has "D" we always like to see what kind of poo he makes the next time to be sure he's not sick. So, when we take him on his walk we wait in great anticipation till he assumes the "position" and then we watch & wait.

We have names for them: Logs (he's healthy) - The Twister - Pellets - Cannon shot - Steamy Pudding and EW! (can't describe this one).

After we see a "log" then we know he's OK. If it's a Steamy Pudding (when it's cold out and it's a mound that's wet and has steam rising up) we know he's not doing too well.

Does it sound like we have an exciting life or what!!!!

Barbie

--------------------

#124017 - 11/20/04 01:19 PM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

Sooooo funny guys!! I needed a good laugh.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5825 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1601

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review