All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
Re: Luna Bar Reviews - SLIGHTLY UPDATED new
      #148807 - 02/10/05 06:46 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I know casey.. its my favorite too!

I remember reading a post where you thought you woulnd't like sweet dreams cause of the peanuts. anyways.. glad you do!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Luna Bar Reviews - SLIGHTLY UPDATED new
      #148831 - 02/10/05 07:29 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Yeah... peanuts and I don't get along... peanuts give me heartburn, and peanut butter gives me D! But I guess there's not enough peanuts in the Sweet Dreams ones to cause me problems. Yay for that!

Re: Luna Bar Reviews - Post Yours Here new
      #174478 - 04/27/05 02:14 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Shell Marr's Luna Bar Review
(revised 4/27/05)

Caramel Apple - *discontinued
Dulce de Leche - YUMMERS
Chai Tea - OK, NOT TOO SWEET
Cherry Covered Chocolate™ - YUMMERS
Chocolate Pecan Pie - YUMMERS
Chocolate Peppermint Stick - YUMMERS BIG TIME 2nd Favorite
Key Lime Pie - HAVE NOT TRIED
LemonZest® - YUM, KINDA SWEET…TASTES LIKE LEMON MERINGUE PIE
Nutz Over Chocolate™ - YUMMERS
Orange Bliss™ - OK
Peanut Butter 'N Jelly - *discontinued
S'Mores - GOOD
Sesame Raisin Crunch - *discontinued
Sweet Dreams™ - Was OK
Toasted Nuts 'N Cranberry - STILL MY FAVORITE!
Tropical Crisp - *discontinued

You guys really need to try the

Toasted Nuts 'N Cranberry
The perfect mix - toasted cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries.

There is not choc or any coating of any kind...it is 10 less calories and I have found it to be my FAVORITE....

Watch For At Least 3 NEW Luna Bar Flavors!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

new flavors new
      #174490 - 04/27/05 02:38 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Yep they sent me an ad with the new flavors a while back. I posted something about it. All I remember is peanut butter cookie (sounds yummy) had lots more fat and iced oatmeal raisin sounded pretty good. I can't remember the last one.

P.S. I used to like toasted nuts but don't like them now with less sugar. It is nice to have them be less fat and cals though.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: new flavors new
      #174497 - 04/27/05 02:51 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am trying to order the new flavors but no one has them- not even Luna. I wonder when iced oatmeal will be available. I wanted some. I am getting sick of nutz over chocolate.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#174520 - 04/27/05 04:12 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Yep they sent me an ad with the new flavors a while back. I posted something about it. All I remember is peanut butter cookie (sounds yummy) had lots more fat and iced oatmeal raisin sounded pretty good. I can't remember the last one.

P.S. I used to like toasted nuts but don't like them now with less sugar. It is nice to have them be less fat and cals though. Oh, they are even better now... the last box I got from Whole Foods..are WAY FRESH... they are nice and airy... like RKT...they are SO much better NOW then when they first changed. Look for ones with "Best By Feb06"

--------------------

#174526 - 04/27/05 04:17 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I am trying to order the new flavors but no one has them- not even Luna. I wonder when iced oatmeal will be available. I wanted some. I am getting sick of nutz over chocolate.

I just got off the phone with Bobby at Clif Bars (makers of Luna Bars).....the new flavors will start shipping in June!!

--------------------

#178719 - 05/13/05 06:54 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Well, I have tried just about every flavor available now, so here is my Sheri Review !

Quote:

Caramel Apple - *discontinued
Dulce de Leche - thought was too sweet first time a couple of months ago, tried last night and LOVED it!
Chai Tea - One of my new favs, thought it would be yucky but it was so good and cinnamonn-y
Cherry Covered Chocolate™ - tasted almost like cough drop flavored, maybe too choclate-y, think I might like better the second time around
Chocolate Pecan Pie - LOVE IT! (good for making me 'go' in the morning, too )
Chocolate Peppermint Stick - never tried, don't like peppermint
Key Lime Pie - LOVE IT, but tastes suspisously like LemonZest, but not as yummy
LemonZest® - Love it! One of my favs, but kinda tired of it, it is one of the most readily available around me
Nutz Over Chocolate™ - Love it, but same as LemonZest. Satisfies my PB craving though!
Orange Bliss™ - My favorite zesty one! I am in love!
Peanut Butter 'N Jelly - *discontinued
S'Mores -love it! May be my fav chocolate-y one! never have to be sad about being vegetarian and not having marshmallow smores anymore!
Sesame Raisin Crunch - *discontinued
Sweet Dreams™ - kinda sickly sweet, it was good though if in the mood
Toasted Nuts 'N Cranberry - I LOVE This one! Sweet, but not candy sweet. Gotta love the nuts and pumpkin seeds, too
Tropical Crisp - *discontinued

One more note, has anyone else noticed that at first luna bars aren't very appetizing but then they grow on you? i was never to into them, now I eat one everyday. Some flavors start out not tasting that great, Igive them another shot and they are delicous. Am I alone here?

--------------------
-Sheri

Edited by Sheri01 (05/13/05 06:56 AM)

#178904 - 05/13/05 07:43 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

No, you're definitely not alone!

At first I thought they tasted artificial/ like a diet bar/ tolerable, but unappetizing.

Now, I seriously look forward everything day for the time in the day that I "get to have my Luna". I found them on sale for a dollar a piece again, and stocked up. For some reason, when this store has them on sale, they also have a better flavor selection.

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

#183906 - 06/06/05 08:47 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

I just got off the phone with Bobby at Clif Bars (makers of Luna Bars).....the new flavors will start shipping in June!!

The flavors are now available at www.lunabar.com I checked Whole Foods this weekend but they did not have them yet and the buyer was busy with someone else and I was in a hurry, so I did not get to ask when they expect to have them in.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 423 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 89864

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review