All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
Re: Luna Bar Reviews - Post Yours Here new
      #125001 - 11/23/04 03:48 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

YAH!! My Sister got some Chocolate Peppermint Stick ones for me at Walmart....I don't have one near me. She is going to bring them to me on Thanksgiving...I can't wait to try one....but will wait until Sat or so to try...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

NO WALMART!?!?! new
      #125197 - 11/24/04 10:52 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

YAH!! My Sister got some Chocolate Peppermint Stick ones for me at Walmart....I don't have one near me. She is going to bring them to me on Thanksgiving...I can't wait to try one....but will wait until Sat or so to try...

How do you survive without the low low prices!?! Oh man, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't live near a Walmart (I have 3 within 30 mins of me).

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: NO WALMART!?!?! new
      #125199 - 11/24/04 10:57 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Quote:

How do you survive without the low low prices!?! Oh man, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't live near a Walmart (I have 3 within 30 mins of me).

I've been in a Walmart TWO times.... once to buy flower pots for my beach wedding (it was near the beach) and one time at the same one when we left the beach area for our honeymoon cuz the darn wire in my bra broke the night of rehersal dinner! LOL So, I needed a cheapy to get me by.

There are a few in Washington but they are all like an hour+ away so I don't bother.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#125231 - 11/24/04 12:52 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I've never been to a Walmart. I don't know where there is one. Other places I've never been to: Kmart, Sam's Club, Target. I guess I don't get around much. Oh also TJ Macks. I'm sure I could think of others...

~nelly~ living a sheltered life

I heart Walmart! new
      #125236 - 11/24/04 01:20 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

apparently, the snobs around here don't go there, it is reserved for 'white trash'. I could care less, I love going there for cheap, interesting thongs (seriously! they have nice ones sometimes, my favorites are my yankee doodle musicals and my thong with guitars)
Right now I am wearing a zip front hoodie sweatshirt with the Eagles logo on it that I bought there, it looks nice and is of nice quality, and probably about a third (atleast) of the price I could buy one from the stadium for, sheesh, my hat that my parents bought me at the stadium cost more than this thing! Almost everything in my apartment came from Target or Walmart.

I am gonna post seperately on my LUna update!

OH, and even stylish dreadlocked gals like the Nelly can find stuffs at W-mart, a couple of funky accesories can go a long way... the clerk in a trendy expensive 'boutique' complimented me on my handbag once, if only she knew I bought it for three dollars at Walmart LOL

--------------------
-Sheri

Delche de Leche = stinks new
      #125238 - 11/24/04 01:25 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Actually, it smells nice, but tastes GROSS! I think it is too sweet for me. I would eat again if there was nothing else available, though ( I have no shame )
I also tried Smores, I think I hyped it up that it was gonna be greater than it was, I didn't like it ALOT, but it was ok and I would eat it again.
I had already tried LEmon Zest and loved it, but I ate it again today and thought it was too sweet, also. : (
I guess my memory on how it tasted was skewed the first time around, I was pretty drunk, and EVERYTHING tastes good to me when I am drunk.
Seriously, before I happily accepted and ate a piece of pizza (the premade oven kind) with cheese puffs mushed into it that my drunk friend had given me. I loved it, too.
I know, i know, that is really nasty... i would puke if I did that now

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Target is the BOMB!! -nt- new
      #125240 - 11/24/04 01:29 PM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

--------------------
~Wookie

Re: I heart Walmart! new
      #125452 - 11/26/04 07:07 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

LOL! I have to get my clothes altered cos of my size, and since altering is an additional investment my clothes have to be of a quality that will last. Since places like the Gap only have long-sleeved shirts that only go to above my wrists, it's either wear quality clothes or be stuck in men's wear or freakish women's basketball clothes for me. *sigh*

I suppose I could buy a hat or something at a Target store, but why park an acre away to fight housewives and screaming babies for bargains? And I'd prefer not to shop at a place where guns and ammo are sold, so it limits my large thrift warehouse shopping possibilities somewhat (You'd be surprised where they sell guns and bullets with basketballs and kids' tennis shoes). *shudder*

But I don't count out a day where I might step foot in a store like that. I went to a JC Penny's once in Idaho, but that was because it was the only large scale retail store within 30 miles, and I needed a wool blanket. Idaho winters are coooold. Necessity before ideals.

~nelly~

#125455 - 11/26/04 07:25 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

and to think I go into a walmart MAYBE 1 time a year... nowhere near where I would go and I find good enough prioces at Meijers and other local stores... target and Kmart are both closer to home as well

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

just bought orange bliss and lemon zest.. new
      #125496 - 11/26/04 12:36 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

decided to wait on dulce de leche and just get 2 new flavors at a time... I bought 44 luna bars though... at .99 cents each who can resist stocking up!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1482 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 89853

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review