All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
Chai Tea -nt- new
      #123289 - 11/18/04 03:15 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Me too!- nt new
      #123292 - 11/18/04 03:30 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Caffeine Results For Chai Tea Luna Bar new
      #123295 - 11/18/04 03:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I just called CLIF - Luna Bar and was told that there will be 1-3 milligrams of caffeine in the bar.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Im gutted - thats ridiculous! new
      #123298 - 11/18/04 03:42 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey sinead, I cant believe they were going to charge you that much! Thats ridiculous...I had a look for Fibercon tablets cos we dont have any fiber tablets over here and Im sure the shipping prices were something similar! I was thinking about ordering some of those luna bars towards christmas as a treat and also to stear me well clear of chocolate during the festive season as this will be my first without my annual yard of cadburys dairy milk or box of roses i always have(not to mention selection boxes)...tho I may be tempted to have one or two....let me know if you find a cheaper way of ordering them! xx

--------------------
Natalie

GULP - My opinion on Luna Bars new
      #123299 - 11/18/04 03:43 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

None of you will want to be my friends after I say this but the other day I had my first luna bar (peppermint stick) and it tasted reeeaaallly artificial and chemically to me..am I the only one that thinks this?? Do you all hate me now?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: GULP - My opinion on Luna Bars new
      #123302 - 11/18/04 03:46 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

None of you will want to be my friends after I say this but the other day I had my first luna bar (peppermint stick) and it tasted reeeaaallly artificial and chemically to me..am I the only one that thinks this?? Do you all hate me now?

NO, we love ya for being honest!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Leeds Uni new
      #123316 - 11/18/04 04:06 PM
daliatree

Hey Natalie
I just read your info and saw you are studying at Leeds! I studied there! How is good old Leeds doing? I had IBS right through my time in Leeds....there is a good little health food shop near there and also Sainsbury's (if you have a car) has a good health food section etc...The Union used to have a little health booth (but not neccessarily IBS friendly!)...oh I miss Leeds now!!

--------------------

Hey Daliatree! new
      #123363 - 11/18/04 04:57 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey Ive just posted you a big long reply to you're email about feeling a bit down about your GI doc appt...have a look...I really will be thinking about you tomorrow! Hey...I love it here in Leeds...yea Ive had IBS since I was 15 so basically had to put up with the damn thing through every exam I took at school and am now in 2nd year uni...Im actually at Leed Met uni doing Interior Design and a HE Certificate in Spanish! I really like it here...dont worry Ive discovered the health shops...the fantastic thing is theres a holland and barrett opposite my campus that has everything and morrsions is also there too which sells the rice milk I drink....so I dont look so weird going into the health store all the time! What did you study in Leeds? What sort of music are you into...the nightlife is really good here...Im an r'n'b and hiphop girl...although I like a big mix of everything really....thats just the type of musci that I like to dance to at clubs! Was it you who posted about your round the world trip photos?? I had a look at some and it looked amazing...Im sure it was you...I really want to go to South America next summer to teach in a spanish orphange for a month...but Im so scared cos of the ibs....heat and lack of food supplies arent exactly going to help my IBS-D which is as bad as always at the moment despite me trying everything in my willpower to stop it. Its so weird hearing that another person with IBS has studied at uni in Leeds...I really do feel like the only one...Ive never come across anyone else before...then again Im not exactly forthcoming in telling ppl about mine...infact I tell no one...I use stomach/digestive disorder instead of the word bowel...and trying to avoid drink here is the hardest thing of all when practically every student here is legless most nights lol! Anyways hope you get my other post...keep i touch...you can email me anytime you want on nlc14@hotmail.com...do you have messenger?? xx

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Hey Daliatree! new
      #123376 - 11/18/04 05:10 PM
daliatree

You wrote me the sweetest message on the living room. thank you so so so much. we were the same age when our ibs started. 15...not so much fun having to think about farts with your first boyfriend etc!!
It was me that went round the world!! I would suggest that you go to south east asia rather then south america for your first trip because south east asia is much more bowel friendly (yep..bloody bowels coming first again!) - its all rice and rice noodles and noodle soups and vegies...very light carb based food whereas south america is more oily and cheesy and beany...I might be wrong though..I mean south america have bread too!!You should go where you want though! I basically told my IBS to shove it when I embarked on my trip..nothing was going to stop me!
I was still drinking in my first two years of leeds and finally gave it up when I realised during my final year that my hangovers lasted ten times longer then anyone elses ie IBS!! I loved the night life there!!! Is Tequila still up and going for the ultimate cheese fest??? Thats an awful-hysterical place!! I'm not that into rnb...more trance and house...love to boogie though!! The drinking WILL calm down as you approach your final year...people get more serious then.
Where are you living? I know exactly where your campus is, and you are talking about the Holland and Barratt inside the little shopping centre with Morrisons! Glad to hear they have rice milk..they had nothing when i was there!
Thank you so much again for your reply on the living room...really made me feel understood and so supported...and like you..I WISH I could have had this board when I first got IBS...
Lots of love XXX

--------------------

Re: Hey Daliatree!
      #123381 - 11/18/04 05:19 PM
daliatree

I forgot to tell you what I studied...Environmental Biogeoscience at the University!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 89879

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review