All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
Natalie new
      #122768 - 11/17/04 09:57 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Natalie,
it was $4.65 and I ordered three boxes ie 45 bars, the whol e thing came to $61.20 which is 47 EUR or 32 sterling. Whic is 71p €1.04 a bar including post and packaging.
I am going to make ADB's either later or tomorrow. Haven't seen the doves farm bars here but I have seen other stuff of that brand so will have to look them up, I was a chocoholic too and have had none since 10th August (not like I'm counting!) I haven't had the real thing once but eat soy chocolate desserts, ADBs etc. I would say I ONCE went without chocolate for two days when I was trying to lose weight but that was the best I ever did, I remember when I was in college going away for a weekend with BF and he could not get over how much chocolate I ate. Its great to have that under control now.

PS have you seen the brands list is up as a sticky now? Email me if there is anything you'd like to add to the UK one and I will sort it out. I am going to add Bernard Matthews Turkey Ham- I missed having ham in sandwiches and this stuff which comes pre sliced tastes like the real thing- there are only so many chicken sandwiches a girl can take! The only sandwich meats I could find in Lanzarote were pork based I was craving a chicken sandwich by the end of the week.

Spain sounds exciting, and I would LOVE to do the South America thing...one day I will definitely do a "world trip" I keep saying I want to have gone before I am 30 and I will be 29 next May so I had better clear these debts and get out of here soon!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Luna Bar Reviews - Post Yours Here new
      #122812 - 11/17/04 11:08 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Quote:

Shell Marr's Luna Bar Review

Caramel Apple - HAVE NOT TRIED YET Ooh if you like caramal apple ciders, you HAVE to try this Shell! It's yummy! OK, I'll see if Whole Foods has them
Dulce de Leche - YUMMERS!! MY NEW FAV!! Yummy! To sweet sometimes, though...
Chai Tea - OK, NOT TOO SWEET Haven't tried
Cherry Covered Chocolate™ - YUMMERS Haven't tried - not a big fan of chocolate cherries
Chocolate Pecan Pie - YUMMERS Haven't tried - not a big fan of pecans
Chocolate Peppermint Stick - CAN'T FIND I will send you some!! Oh, you don't have to do that....but that was very sweet! I called Whole Foods and they have a few cases in stock...I just don't know when I can get other there.
Key Lime Pie - HAVE NOT TRIED Ooh, again.. you HAVE to try this one! I love this flavor!
LemonZest® - YUM, KINDA SWEET…TASTES LIKE LEMON MERAINGE (SP?) PIE Yummers!
Nutz Over Chocolate™ - YUMMERS Okay - not a big fan of peanut butter
Orange Bliss™ - OK Yum! Tastes like the lemon one.. but orange!
Peanut Butter 'N Jelly - OK Haven't tried - not a big fan of peanut butter
S'Mores - GOOD Haven't tried - for some reason, smores flavor never taste good unless they're the original ones
Sesame Raisin Crunch - GROSS Haven't tried - but sounds gross! they really are....I sounded like a cat with a fur ball when I was eating 1/4 of it! LOL
Sweet Dreams™ - CAN'T FIND I will send you some of these if I see them! Haven't tried them though. I'll check Whole Foods for this one too.
Toasted Nuts 'N Cranberry - YUMMERS Haven't tried - not a big fan of cranberry strange thing is you really don't taste the cranberry, it just gives it a little moisture and there is no choc or anything on it so it is not too sweet...nice flavor.
Tropical Crisp - OK Haven't tried

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

For sinead - to add to the brands list! new
      #123014 - 11/18/04 02:32 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey sinead thanks for the reply, I was going to email you a few things to add to the brands list but thought it was easier to just post, just drop a note if you've read this so I know you got it! I buy Walkers Lites ready salted crisps and have a bag a day, they only hav 5g fat per bag and are just made of salt potatoes and sunflower oil, so no triggers! Morrisons also do a low fat version of crisps which taste similar to the american baked lays called crispy thins (theyre morrisons own brand)and they only have 3g fat per bag! The supercook egg white powder which comes in a small box with 6 sachets equalling 12 egg whites are fantastic...couldnt live without them and they last for months so no need to worry about eggs going off! Theyre in the cake/baking section of Morrisons, sainsburys and Tescos. Tescos also do something called Tigerwhite which is made from the spanish chufas plant and is an alternative to rice/soy/almond milk. I tried it and didnt really like the taste...it actually tastes a bit plant like...I think there is 2 types...but it is totally ibs safe. Also...Tescos now stocks Toffuti Icecream which I know the americans are always going on about because it is gorgeous. They have a big and a small tub version in a vanilla, double choc fudge, strawberry, pecan and some other flavours. Its made from tofu and soy...the only problem is it is quite high in fat so you can only have a bit at a time if you can't deal with fat very well. They come in ben and jerrys style tubs. Tescos also does a soy choc bar, which I also saw in Morrisons the other day but again it is a bit high in fat so you could only have a bit at a time...but it doesnt contain whey casein or lactose like ordinary choc. Right think thats it...will email you if can think of anymore....hope that helps xx

--------------------
Natalie

99 cents every day... new
      #123035 - 11/18/04 05:42 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

at trader joes here in A2...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Green Tea Extract new
      #123037 - 11/18/04 05:55 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

I went to the store last evening and found Luna bars. The one's on the shelf have Green Tea Extract. I know green tea has caffine - not sure about the extract. Anne

Rachel new
      #123079 - 11/18/04 07:07 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I found them at Walmart over by the pharmacy where they have all the protien bars, slim fast and that kind of stuff. They were actually less than other places. I've only tried one last week and it was pretty good.

Re: Luna Bar Reviews - Onlin ordering new
      #123165 - 11/18/04 09:57 AM
KimGun

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Caribbean

Just ordered some from:

www.drugstore.com

Re: Green Tea Extract new
      #123234 - 11/18/04 01:07 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I had been wondering the same thing, so I hadn't tried that flavor. I'll be interested to see if anyone has an answer.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Green Tea Extract new
      #123239 - 11/18/04 01:24 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

which flavor was it?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Natalie- Bad news
      #123277 - 11/18/04 02:53 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Luna bars want USD 39.95 to ship me my bars! This is the thread where I have done the sums: web page

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 970 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 89863

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review