All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
LUNA For Men new
      #183916 - 06/06/05 09:21 AM
Android79

Reged: 05/31/05

I appologize if this question is silly, but I know the LUNA bars are on Heather's OK list. I bought a few of them yesterday and they tout a bunch of health facts for women. OK, here comes the silly part, why are they marketed just for women, is there any reason I can't have them if I'm a guy? I believe they're the only IBS safe, non-dairy, protein bars, right?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: LUNA For Men new
      #183918 - 06/06/05 09:26 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

It's okay for men to eat Luna bars. I don't know why they're only marketed toward women. I went to the Luna Bar website and similar questions to yours were on their FAQs list. Here's the link: Luna Bar HTH! I hope you give them a try! They're very tasty!

suggest flavors new
      #184042 - 06/06/05 03:01 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I suggested a ton of new flavors one day on the site. Anyone who has ideas can make suggestions and maybe someday they will make your flavor. I especially want tiramisu and something banana.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Luna Bar Reviews - Post Yours Here new
      #184375 - 06/07/05 12:30 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

These are the 12 "old" Luna Bars. I guess I'm getting this in right under the wire - my Whole Foods didn't have the 3 new ones yet.

Overall, I like Luna Bars and I'm glad to know about them as something to take with when I may be away from home food for a while, but I find that I'm hungry less than an hour after I eat one. Sometimes I feel like I'm hungry an hour after I ate one even if I wasn't hungry when I ate it. (If that makes sense.) I was pretty suprised at that, since I thought the protein would stave off hunger for a while.

Anyhow, my reviews:

Nutz Over Chocolate - Very good; tastes sort of like a Baby Ruth candy bar

Lemon Zest - Good, but very sweet

S'mores - Good; doesn't taste like S'mores, but does taste like Nestle's Crunch Bar, which I really like

Chocolate Pecan Pie - Didn't do anything for me; tasted sort of blah

Toasted Nuts and Cranberry - Good; tastes like granola did back when it was first "discovered" and people made their own

Chocolate Peppermint Stick - Oh, my - yum! Tastes almost like a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie, the absolute nirvana of cookiedom. Definitely my favorite!

Dulce de Leche - Good; tastes like the old Bit-O-Honey bars

Key Lime Pie - Good; just enough lime, not too sweet, can almost taste the graham cracker crust

Cherry Covered Chocolate - Skipped; I don't like cherry and chocolate together

Sweet Dreams - This one I don't like; tastes like coffee to me and I'm not a coffee person

Chai Tea - Skipped; I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine

Orange Bliss - Not for me; tastes just like Tropicana Orange Juice and gave me a touch of indigestion

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#184382 - 06/07/05 12:45 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bars are my favorite and right now the only Luna Bars I eat religiously--I mean, regularly. Twice a day. Ahem.

Nutz Over Chocolate and Lemon Zest come next, but I find they sometimes leave an unpleasant aftertaste. Still, they're quite good for a snack bar. I don't really care for any of the other flavors.

(Yesterday, I found Luna Bars at Target for 97 cents each! In the Northwest, we also have a grocery store called WinCo, which sometimes lowers the price of Luna Bars to 88 cents. )

I thought I saw that new
      #184383 - 06/07/05 12:53 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bars are my favorite and right now the only Luna Bars I eat religiously--I mean, regularly. Twice a day. Ahem. I thought I remembered seeing in one of your posts that you ate 2 of these a day. At the time I thought that seemed extreme, but after tasting them - oh, yeah, I could do that easily.

Yesterday, I found Luna Bars at Target for 97 cents each! In the Northwest, we also have a grocery store called WinCo, which sometimes lowers the price of Luna Bars to 88 cents. They're always 99 cents at my local Whole Foods. I certainly haven't seen them for 88 cents. Betcha buy up all the Peppermint Stick ones at that price - I would!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

New Luna Bar Flavors & Whole Foods new
      #184391 - 06/07/05 01:10 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Hey everyone... I called my local Whole Foods and they did not know when they would be getting the new flavors in. So, I emailed cooperate and requested them.....the more of us that do it...I think the faster they will be in ALL Whole Foods!! Here is the contact page for corporate. Be sure to reference the flavors Peanut Butter Cookie, Cookies N Cream Delights, & Iced Oatmeal Raisin (otherwise they might think you are talking about the "New Formulated" ones).

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Whole Foods- heh new
      #184397 - 06/07/05 01:43 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I bought what I thought was a new luna bar at the Palace of Whole Foods (giant super cool corporate headquarters store) the other week- the box said, NEW! Turns out it was new several years ago and is now discontinued. You'd think the brand new shiny Whole Foods would have newer Luna bars. Ah well, it was new to me.

Re: New Luna Bar Flavors & Whole Foods new
      #184449 - 06/07/05 05:49 PM
Shell Marr

Copy of email I just got!!

Quote:

In a message dated 6/7/05 5:05:53 PM Pacific Standard Time, Kathryn.Forrest@wholefoods.com writes:
Hi,
I received your request for the new Clif bar flavors. We should be receiving those some time during the week of the 20th.
Thanks for your query.

Kathryn Forrest
Whole Body Team Leader
Whole Foods Market
Bellevue, Washington
425 462 1400
425 462 0400-fax

--------------------

#191002 - 07/01/05 11:40 PM
Shell Marr

Shell Marr's Luna Bar Review
(revised 7/1/05)

Caramel Apple - *discontinued
Dulce de Leche - YUMMERS
Chai Tea - OK, NOT TOO SWEET
Cherry Covered Chocolate™ - YUMMERS
Chocolate Pecan Pie - YUMMERS
Chocolate Peppermint Stick - YUMMERS BIG TIME 2nd Favorite
Key Lime Pie - HAVE NOT TRIED
LemonZest® - YUM, KINDA SWEET…TASTES LIKE LEMON MERINGUE PIE
Nutz Over Chocolate™ - YUMMERS
Orange Bliss™ - OK
Peanut Butter 'N Jelly - *discontinued
S'Mores - GOOD
Sesame Raisin Crunch - *discontinued
Sweet Dreams™ - Was OK
Toasted Nuts 'N Cranberry - STILL MY FAVORITE!
Tropical Crisp - *discontinued
*NEW - Cookies 'n Cream Delight - did not really float my boat... did not really care for the "cream" icing that was on it...
*NEW - Peanut Butter Cookie - highter fat, but YUMMY! Maybe eat 1/2 for a nice desert.
*NEW - Iced Oatmeal Raisin - Pretty darn good

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 198 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 89873

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review