Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: I don't think I can give up my mini hot dogs new
      #121685 - 11/14/04 01:43 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

YES YOU CAN!!!
If I can give up chocolate, you can give up mini hot dogs. Just think how yuck they make you feel, associate the taste/smell of them with pain, and voila you will not want to eat them anymore!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I don't think I can give up my mini hot dogs new
      #121693 - 11/14/04 02:33 PM
tammifaysmith

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Nashville, Tennessee

I am sorry to say this, but right now I can't eat anything!!So,It's hard for me to feel sorry for you when you are not taking care of yourself. You obviously know that you shouldn't eat that. I can't even hold down peppermint tea right now! You should thank God that your not as sick as some of us are, and hope that you never are!! Be smart now or you may suffer years later, I promise you, "Just being nauseous is a walk in the park, from vomiting 8 to 10 times a day!" Please take care of yourself!!!

--------------------
Tammi Smith

Tammi I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time right now. new
      #121744 - 11/14/04 07:15 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

believe me... I've been there... we all have.
Thank G-d since I've started Heather's diet (about a month ago) I've mostly felt OK but before then I was sooo afraid to eat. I was so scared to put anything in my mouth because I never knew what would set off an attack. Now that I understand how triggers work you should know that most of the time I am VERY CAREFULL about eating the right thing. And when I say I can't give soemthing up it does not mean that I gorge on it. It means I eat it occasionaly just a taste AFTER eating SF first.
I hope that you feel better soon.
Chany

Tammi..... new
      #121752 - 11/14/04 08:58 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I am so sorry to hear how sick you are. Are you sure you have IBS? Vomiting so many times in one day is not a normal IBS symptom....have you been diagnosed with it properly? How long have you been experiencing these symptoms? Please write back soon...its not fair that you should suffer for one moment longer then you need to...

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

OK. I have tremendous respect for anyone who can give up chocolate. new
      #122060 - 11/15/04 05:32 PM
Casper

... So tonight when my family had Hot dogs... I had grilled chicken.
Chany

Tammi are you OK? new
      #122062 - 11/15/04 05:36 PM
Casper

Are you still very sick. I know it may sound drastic, but maybe a visit to the ER is in order. The las time I was that sick my Dr. thought it might be appendicitis. I don't mean to scare you but I haven't heard from you since you complained about being too sick to eat anything, even tea, so I'm kind of worried. Write soon.
Chany

Re: OK. I have tremendous respect for anyone who can give up chocolate. new
      #122123 - 11/15/04 07:24 PM
daliatree

You will not believe what I have given up and the way I used to eat!! I don't mean to boast here, but seriously, I am NEVER naughty...can you believe what a geek I am? I never ever break the diet rules!! I haven't had chocolate for FOUR years!!! I don't even eat sugar!!! Such a goody two shoes...just this focused kind of person. Probably hard to live with...I just want so much to feel better!

--------------------

RE: Fat for Phylo new
      #122128 - 11/15/04 07:34 PM
Lefty1

Reged: 08/09/04

I checked and the one brand that I saw had oil. Canola and vegtable so maybe that brand is not the one I should use.

I might just think of other things to bring to this party!!!

Kudos! new
      #122131 - 11/15/04 07:46 PM
Lefty1

Reged: 08/09/04

This is actually a really positive personal trait that you have. It probably spills over into other areas - in a good way - of your life. Keep up the good work!

Lefty

Re: Kudos! new
      #122145 - 11/15/04 08:22 PM
daliatree

You are so sweet (and what an amazing wife to your husband by the way!!)...yeah...I don't know where I got it from..none of my family are disciplined...I guess it does spill into other aspects of my life..I never realised how disciplined I was till my gastro guy told me..felt quite proud ...but thats not to say that I don't know why others cheat, I DO!! I totally understand and never judge.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4615 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5868

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review