All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Hungry but nauseated?
      #12108 - 06/20/03 05:09 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

So am I the only one who gets this way? Lately after dinner, I have been getting mildly nauseated. ( I don't know if it is my cycle on its way, beacause I haven't had one in 3 mos...but that's a different story!) But anyway, even while feeling nauseated, I start to get hungry again. HAs this ever happened to anyone else? Am I just weird? HELP!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hungry but nauseated? new
      #12111 - 06/20/03 05:27 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi there!

You poor thing!!!!! *hugs* I'm wondering if you're not eating enough? Sometimes my tummy gets worse when I don't eat enough food. This can casue nausea for me!

I guess I would need more info. on what you're eating and how much. Sorry for asking questions!

I hope you feel better REALLY SOON! ((((BIG HUGS))))

Happy Friday!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#12113 - 06/20/03 06:36 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

no you are not the only one that gets hungry when nauseated! Not sure why it happens!When this does happen I munch on saltines or plain lay chips. Just this morning I had breakfast (english muffin/peanut butter)(my ususual breakfast) and went to work;not sure it was the heat or the food or the bus fumes or combination of all,but whew!just kept on taking in deep breaths till it passed. The nausea happens on and off at times. Most times it's just before I have a bm or a flare up of D.

#12115 - 06/20/03 07:07 AM
Gretchen

Reged: 05/30/03
Loc: Muncy, PA, USA

I know exactly what you are talking about. For me, the nausea stays with me until I have a BM (or several). Then the cycle starts all over again. The best way I can describe it is like there's a fist pushing up on my stomach from within me. Sometimes it hurts even to take a big breath. The only way I have figured out how to make it go away is to go really, really easy on my stomach for a couple of days. I just stick with very easy to digest foods and lots of liquids. I hope it passes soon for you (no pun intended!). I feel for you and I know how awful it is.

Gretchen

#12116 - 06/20/03 07:12 AM
tnchawk

Thank you everyone for the advice! I really appreciate it. I notice that it happens if I overeat (which sometimes I do! My eyes are bigger than my stomach..or so they say! ) But, I notice that teas do help, so I will keep with that as well as some of the bland foods. It's just totally amazing to me how we are all diagnosed with IBS, yet all of the symptoms vary person to person. I'm just so glad that this board is here! Thanks again!

--------------------

#12123 - 06/20/03 07:55 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Since I've been pregnant, I've been both hungry and nauseous at the same time. As a rule of thumb to keep me from overeating, I will try to give myself half of what I think I will eat (or if at a restaurant, strive to eat only half and then take the rest home).
Try eating more frequently, with smaller portions. Light snacks will help both with any luck. Try to keep your stomach from getting too empty. And make sure you're drinking enough fluids.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#12129 - 06/20/03 08:08 AM
tnchawk

Good ideas! Thanks! I will definitely try them. And good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy. I hope to have another child sometime and am SURE that I will be on here for all the advice I can get!

--------------------

Re: I'll be here for you sweetie! -nt- new
      #12134 - 06/20/03 08:10 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Heat and Nausea new
      #12145 - 06/20/03 10:15 AM
Snow for Sarala

You mean I'm not the only that gets nauseous when it's hot? I always thought it was just me. Could this be IBS related? Thanks!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#12146 - 06/20/03 10:17 AM
tnchawk

I know that heat will get me too...I really dislike muggy summer days and closed quarters that are stuffy!

--------------------

#12150 - 06/20/03 10:29 AM
Snow for Sarala

Wow! So I'm really not the only one? I was always so embarassed by this! Thanks! (Sorry it effects you too though!)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#12152 - 06/20/03 10:33 AM
tnchawk

No need to be embarrassed! We can't help that we have digestive issues and LOTS of things affect us! My theory is that ALOT more people have the same symptoms but are too afraid to admit it! We on this board are the strong, open minded ones who are always a step ahead to feeling better!

((Hugs!))

Christianne

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3823 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1612

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review