All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ugh - a C'ers worst nightmare
      #120898 - 11/11/04 07:32 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I try very very very hard not to use laxatives or anything of the sort, but let me just put a word of warning out there - don't wait TOO long! I've become dehydrated from "stuck stool" that is so high up in the top of my colon, enemas aren't reaching it. They did xrays yesterday to confirm that's what's going on because even with my high pain tolerance I swear I was begging somebody to just shoot me. I am so bloated I can't stand to wear even underwear. So now we're on this regimen to try and get the s%i$ OUT (literally!!!) What a nightmare... I thought I was doing better but I've never been this bad before. This is worse than the 3 babies I've delivered, that is God's truth!!!

SO... can't wait for my acacia to come and see if that helps me stay on top of things. In mean time we're waiting for this big hunk of dehydrated crap to come through the works here... drinking lots of water, fresh veggie juice, hot water w/ juice of fresh lemon and honey, adding some Stevia-plus to that, too. Avoiding teas till this is done cause I really am already dehydrated and scared of anything remotely diuretic - which seems impossible with all the fluid I can hear sloshing around in there!!! I think it got backed up just behind where I typically spasm, just under my left rib cage, at that "splenic flexure". What a miserable predicament.

Whew... let you know "how it all comes out"... blech!!!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ugh - a C'ers worst nightmare new
      #120902 - 11/11/04 07:43 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Oh my God I am so so so sorry for you. that must be horrible. once I didn't go for a month!!! I came out with loads of acne (I usually have great skin) and it was awful. poor poor you. what is the doctor suggesting? can't they put an enema in, let what can come out, come out, and surely that would make the rest of it drop down, put in another enema etc etc...
how long have you not gone for? (curious)
big hugs...so sorry for you....

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

That's the confusing part... new
      #120904 - 11/11/04 07:50 AM
ecmmbm

Apparently watery stool has been coming "around" this hunk for a while now - it's been hurting in that spot over a week but I thought it was gas. So I'd been "going" but not really GOING, nothing to amount to much, leaving this gunk behind getting more and more stuck and dried out, I guess. They did 2 enemas but it made me worse because it didn't quite reach up (the xray shows it way up in the top under my ribs) plus that dehydrated me more. They are having me to 2 days of per-colace (stool softener plus senna type stimulant lax) and if that doesn't work I'm not quite sure what the plan is.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Re: That's the confusing part... new
      #120905 - 11/11/04 07:51 AM
daliatree

why oh why would that happen? so annoying for you...do you feel very lethargic being plugged up? are you IBS A?

--------------------

#120906 - 11/11/04 07:56 AM
ecmmbm

Very lethargic - pain all through my back and shoulders. I'm not really A - mostly C and really if I had to define myself I'd say I'm IBS-P (for PAIN) cause the worst of it for me is usually the spasm pain. Plus I did have polyps that now have to be checked for every 3 years - joy. I keep saying I want a transplant!!!

Can't sit here anymore, gotta either move or lie down, one or the other.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Bless your heart! new
      #120909 - 11/11/04 07:58 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

I swear by the stevia-plus as you know. I know that for those of us with "C" a stimulant laxative is not the route we are to take but with your being stuck...I'd say all bets are off and would probably take drano if you thought that would help!

When I get REALLY BAD...I drink a cup of "Smooth Moves" tea by traditional medicinals and it has always worked for me. You can find it in health food stores and some grocery stores. I would ask your doctor before trying it but it definitely works for me.

Ihopeyou're feeling better soon!

#120910 - 11/11/04 07:59 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh sweetie, hope you feel better soon. Get out the heating pad!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#120918 - 11/11/04 08:22 AM
daliatree

I really wish you better...really feel for you...

--------------------

I'm so sorry your going through this... new
      #121155 - 11/11/04 09:33 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I agree with you. Sometimes a tough BM is worse than delivering a baby!
Last year, when we moved (and this is how I know IBS is stress related) I stopped going for six weeks. It got to the point,where when I tried to go only blood would come out and nothing else.
My GI told me to eat a bowl of Fiber One cereal. Knowing what I know now ... DON'T EAT IT ON AN EMPTY STOMACH ... but the end result is it did help and I wa able to dislodge the rocks in my backside. Lots of luck. I hope you feel better soon.
Chany

#121203 - 11/12/04 06:31 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Awww.....that's terrible....get lots of rest and do what the doctor ordered and I'm sure you'll feel better in no time...*HUGS*

Re: I'm so sorry your going through this... new
      #121414 - 11/12/04 11:07 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

casper the fiber one ceral does reall work good for bowel movements. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#121417 - 11/12/04 11:31 PM
Amari

Reged: 10/29/04

I can't imagin. I am a C and have never had it that bad, you poor girl..Hang in there, I'm sure that it will come and hopefully not too much longer!!! Take Care....Amari

#121435 - 11/13/04 06:16 AM
Kimmy

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: Upstate New York

I am so sorry you're going through all of this! As bad as you feel, it seems you still have a good attitude and are trying hard to get better.

A friend of our's stepdaughter is going through the exact same thing and is suffering terribly. She' only 17 years old. I've told them about this website and given some suggestions but so far she hasn't tried any of it.

I hope you feel better soon and that "everything" comes out today!

Kim

#121579 - 11/13/04 08:27 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Michelle-

I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. I have been worried about you since I read your post about severe C. I kind of "got to know you" form your earlier posts in 2003 and I really identified with you because our situations are similar in many ways. (I used to post under a different name, but had to set up a new account because the old one would not work. I am a long time IBS board surfer). You were gone for many months and I was glad to see you back, but not this way. I want you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you this weekend. I hope you will post again to let us know how you are doing.

Laura

Re: I'm so sorry your going through this... new
      #121597 - 11/13/04 10:23 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Michelle, I have suffered from C for over a year now, I know exactly how you are feeling. This can be so painful and at the same time frightenig, there were times that I thought this stuff would actually back up so far it would come out of my mouth. Then I had impacted gas along with it, just totally disgusting. I hope it works out for you very soon, feel better honey!!!

gayla

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 372 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2927

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review