All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Previcid
      #12015 - 06/19/03 07:42 AM
Liv7

Reged: 06/10/03

Hi - just wondering if anyone out there is on Previcid. My doctor just started me on it for IBS. I know they use it for ulcers but I'd never heard of it for IBS. My stomach tends to get very noisy, to the point of embarrassment, and the doctor thought this might help. Would appreciate hearing anybody's experience with this medication. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Previcid new
      #12016 - 06/19/03 07:50 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I have taken Previcid for almost 3 years. Never had heart burn until I had my gal bladder out. I didn't realize it was also used for IBS?! It hasn't seemed to effect my IBS one way or the other, keep us posted if it helps you.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#12018 - 06/19/03 07:56 AM
Liv7

Thanks for your input. Last night was the first time I took Previcid, so I think it's too soon to tell - will keep you posted.

#12053 - 06/19/03 12:22 PM
susaloh

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Kiel, Germany

Hi, Liv!
I would definitely give the Previcid a try. I know that it is really a stomach medication but I could swear that it has helped me with my IBS in the past. I've always suffered from nausea (gas in bowels pushing back on stomach I know now) and this has delayed my diagnosis for a number of years because doctors were always looking out for gastritis. I ended up with acid-pump blockers (different brands) and each time this put an end to a long-term (like four or six weeks) IBS situation. Every time my BMs changed completely for the better within days. This may just have been a knock-on effect I don't know, but it definitely worked. Last autumn I asked my gastro for them and again and got much better for several weeks. Life quality just improves with the nausea gone, so may be that did it. Now I take them as needed only when I get nauseous (which is rare as my symptoms are different now). Normally the effect of one lasts for 48hours and that's a very tolerable long-term dosis. It has no dangerous side effects so you might as well try it.
Good luck
Susaloh

#12064 - 06/19/03 01:29 PM
Liv7

Hi Susaloh - I appreciated hearing about your positive experience with Previcid. I'm glad you were greatly helped by using it. I'm going to give it a try - last night was my first time using it, so we'll see. I'll post again when I have a better idea of how it's working.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2343 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 839

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review