All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Vibrations cause stomach pains?
      #120060 - 11/08/04 03:15 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

So I went in for an MRI today, and I noticed that when the machine was vibrating it was causing my intestines/tummy to gurgle/hurt ... It does it even more when we go to the laser show and all the bass from the music is pounding through the seats. It actually gets to the point that I think I'm going to have an attack. Anyone else have that happen to them? Has there ever been a study of vibrations and internal organs?

Just curious about other's experiences. Thanks everyone!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Vibrations cause stomach pains? new
      #120063 - 11/08/04 03:20 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't know about a study on it, but I've definitely had that experience. Really loud thumping bass mostly just makes me nauseous, but occasionally it does feel like it's *getting things moving*, if you know what I mean.

#120067 - 11/08/04 03:26 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

well I notice that when I jog I get cramps within a few minutes and I'm not even all that pain predominant usually...funny because I was an aerobics instructor and it never bothered me because it was always a variation between low impact and high impact..but running is alll impact!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#120102 - 11/08/04 04:40 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

After my colonoscopy on Friday, my Mom managed to hit every single pot hole on the 45 minute drive home. I wanted to die, my tummy hurt so bad . Usually those type of things don't bother me unless I'm already having cramps/pain.

Meg

#120104 - 11/08/04 04:40 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

LOl. That was what I was going to say. I didn't notice anything when I had a hip MRI but at concerts the bass makes me feel like a have to poop and it is a joke with my DH, who also plays bass guitar himself. (Did anyone see the South Park about the 'brown note?')

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#120572 - 11/10/04 10:51 AM
Cathryn

Reged: 10/31/04

It happens to me also. We were taken to a concert by friends one night and they surprised us with front row seats. The bass vibrations were so awful that I ended up in the bathroom all night.

#120579 - 11/10/04 10:57 AM
turrtle

Reged: 08/22/04
Loc: Hartsville, SC

Yes shaking bothers me too. I have to be careful with sex and even sleeping. I can't sleep or even lay on my side for long. Wanna really feel sick? Go on a wooden roller coaster.

#120756 - 11/10/04 05:33 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Crazy ... ...

I keep thinking that if our problem is the intestines not spasming correctly (or whatever), and that vibrations affect us, then somebody should study using them to get us back to normal! You know, like a defibrilator for the colon? Well, wishful thinking! But what a hassle!! Immodium doesn't really help with that kind of thing ... Maybe we could wear metal shielding to concerts?? Okay, I'm just rambling now ...

Thanks for your input!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#121130 - 11/11/04 06:42 PM
turrtle

Reged: 08/22/04
Loc: Hartsville, SC

Metal shielding is a good idea! Then we'd fit in with everyone. Might even get invited on stage!

#121139 - 11/11/04 07:48 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Or we could form a whole team of grinder-girls (like from Letterman).

--------------------
*Emma*

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1305 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4887

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review