All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS D or just a virus? (m)
      #119637 - 11/06/04 07:08 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I think because I'm IBS-D that I tend to attribute every day or normal occurrences to IBS and this fear strikes me that this will be an attack. I have a cold and I noticed my stomach is crampy (something I don't get with IBS normally) and I had to go alot this evening but it's different than a "normal" attack. No urgency, just having to go. I haven't had D in a very long time and here I am with it. How can yo tell whether it's IBS or just a virus? I guess I'll know more tomorrow whether it was just a 24 hour thing or not. I tend to think I should let it run it's course instead of running for the immodium. What do you think?
Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS D or just a virus? (m) new
      #119638 - 11/06/04 07:37 PM
FEMBETH

Reged: 09/20/04

I wish I could help but I am wondering the same thing. I am IBS-D too. The last 2 days I have felt nausiated and crampy real low in tummy. I have only had a BM once a day which is not normal for me (lot more than that). Maybe there is a virus going around. Your symptoms sound like a virus to me but, I am not a doc. I hope you feel better soon!
THIS STINKS AND I FEEL FOR YA!
Fembeth

#119641 - 11/06/04 08:32 PM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

This actually happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It just wasn't acting like a normal attack and sure enough it went into watery d, which I normally don't have, along with the nausea. It turned out to be the 24hr. flu and fortunately it didn't have any long term effects on my IBS. It sounds like that's what you might have. Hang in there

#119646 - 11/06/04 09:51 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

about a month ago, I had the same thing, and asked the same question on this website. I was freakin out, because I had been okay for so long, and I was thinking "great,my ibs is back and it is worse than ever".

but i went to the doctor and she said that I was the fifth person that day to come in with a stomach virus, so it was going around our area.

she instructed me to stop taking the Immodium, she said the stomach virus needs to run its course and it all needs to get out of there, so the D is actually helping you.

stick to a simple diet, rice, crackers, baby food apple sauce, and clear pedialyte.

and don't rush back into "real" food for a little while, so your stomach can readjust.

I am not sure how to exactly know if it is a virus or not, other than the fact that my Doctor knew it was going around, but if it feels different than your usual IBS, then it probably is.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1641 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 486

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review