All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
venison
      #118697 - 11/03/04 03:47 PM
cooter

Reged: 11/03/04

Hi all, I just ran into Heather's website today, and I thought I would share an interesting fact.
I noticed that one of the foods to avoid is red meat. Deer meat was listed , however, although it is a red meat, it is lower in fat than a skinless white chicken breast! My husband is an avid hunter and venison is on our menu almost every day, venison has NEVER aggravated my condition, neither has chicken, but I've had problems with turkey, pork and ground beef.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: venison new
      #118699 - 11/03/04 03:59 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

its not just the fat is an issue..check out what Heather has to say webpage

A lot of us can tolerate different things though so maybe you are OK with venison? I know there is no way at all that I could tolerate.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

interesting... new
      #118708 - 11/03/04 04:16 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I had my worst attack on record the one time I ate venison a few years back!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#118724 - 11/03/04 04:34 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've had similar experiences with venison... but only game venison. Farm-raised venison is as bad as beef. But anyway, it might be something that you can tolerate, and if so, that rocks - most people can't tolerate any red meat, as it's just harder to digest.

Oh, and hey - welcome!

#118963 - 11/04/04 11:00 AM
KellyAndersson

Reged: 03/24/04
Loc: N.California

For about ten years my family and I never bought any beef - we had deer and elk. Never had any trouble with it, but then I didn't have any trouble with beef at the time either (on the occasion I'd have a steak or prime rib eating out).

I can still eat beef, but it does cause me some grief if I have more than a tiny little amount. My neighbor gave me a wonderful big hunk of deer backstrap (like filet mignon) about a month ago and I made a HUGE supper of it [[YUM]] and didn't have even a spot of problem with it.

I'd agree with one of the other posts that farm-raised venison would be just like beef, but wild venison should be no problem for MOST people.

#118965 - 11/04/04 11:03 AM
Sunshyne

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: San Antonio

I can eat venison... it doesn't make the D flare up so bad, but, it DOES give me gas...

#118985 - 11/04/04 11:40 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I can eat game venison too. But I *am* a meat eater, and can eat small portions of beef and some chicken without problem.

It's so true that a lot of us can eat the same things, but some of us have systems that totally disagree. I can't eat peppermint, for example, as it makes my stomach very upset. But I am very with you on this venison thread!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 951 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2495

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review