Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Please Help, I'm Scared!
      #117034 - 10/29/04 11:01 AM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

Sorry, this is kinda graphic.

I'm IBS-A, but I generally lean more towards C. When I get D, it never lasts more than 2 or 3 days. I've had D now for over 2 weeks, I've been feeling really lightheaded and dizzy and have blacked out a few times, and am having severe abdominal and lower back pain. I called my Dad (he's a general practictioner) who said to make sure to drink plenty of fluids and wait it out. This morning I noticed that my D was bright red, and I'm pretty sure it was all blood. I called my Dad who told me to call my gastro doc. I called his office but he's out of town til Monday. I told his secretary what is going on and she told me to call back on Monday. I'm away at school so I can't schedule an appointment with my gastro doc for Monday and University Health Services wouldn't be able to do much for this kind of problem. It may be nothing, but I'm scared just the same.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm trying not to panic, but I'm still just a kid who really wants her mommy right now.

Meg

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Please Help, I'm Scared! new
      #117042 - 10/29/04 11:33 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

The blood in the stool would be need to worry a little and set up an appt. w/ your doc. But the blood in stool along w/ the abdominal/back pain and dizziness and diarrhea for more than 5 days is reason to go to the UHS at the least. I would got to the ER or a 24 hr. health clinic or try to find a doc near you that can see you ASAP. Some docs have Saturday hours for sick care. I am not a doc but from what I looked up on the web you might want to seek some medical care for this soon. Do a search on the web for yourself if you haven't already. I hope evrything goes well for you.
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

At this point I would get seen ASAP new
      #117060 - 10/29/04 12:52 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

Your symptoms should not be ignored.

#117072 - 10/29/04 01:44 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

See a doctor immediately. You need to know what's going on with your body. At this point, even a Nurse Practioner would do.

Good luck, hope all is well.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#117076 - 10/29/04 01:49 PM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

Oh you poor thing! I wish I could help you or give you a )))hug(((. My understanding is the bloody D is not a symptom of IBS but may be more like IBD.

OH MEG!!!!! new
      #117082 - 10/29/04 02:09 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Honey I wish I could give you a big hug.. This is the best I can do
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<BIG HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I agree with everyone you need to see a doc ASAP!!! Can you go to the ER. Why couldn't you make an appoitment for monday??? Does he have another GI covering for him in cases of emergancy!!! Meg you need to see a doctor hon!!!
Let us know what is going on I am worried about you!!!
Love ya

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: OH MEG!!!!! new
      #117107 - 10/29/04 04:26 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I can't see my doc since he's in Philadelphia and I go to school in State College (they're three and a half hours apart). My Dad called my doc's office and talked to one of his partners. For some reason no one really seems concerned except me. I trust my Dad's medical opinion, but at the same time I'm scared that maybe the IBS diagnosis isn't correct. When I first got diagnosed, my doc did the basics but decided to skip some of the less pleasant tests like a colonoscopy since I was so young. My mom is going to schedule one for when I go home over Thanksgiving, oh Happy Holiday to me! My parents are going to come up and visit me on Sunday, but if the pain gets any worse I'm going to get someone to take me to the ER. I really don't want to go, but I might just have to.

Re: OH MEG!!!!! new
      #117114 - 10/29/04 05:10 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am glad your parents are coming!!! You need to see a doc before the holidays though!!! Pooing blood is not normal for IBS and I would be scared to hon!!! We are all here for you!! I wish we could be there in person!!!
I hope your feeling better soon! If you start feeling bad go to the ER better safe than sorry!!! Keep us updated!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#117152 - 10/29/04 09:37 PM
FEMBETH

Reged: 09/20/04

I had this happen to me and it scared me too. I went to emergency I was in alot of pain with mine,but the pain was in my tummy. They said I might have hemeroids but, I didn't feel any pain down there. Long story short I went to my doc and he did a exam and found I had internal hemeroids. I didn't know you could get these. He gave me a suppository cream to take care of it. You definatly need to get it checked. Hope you are feeling better soon. Fembeth

GO to Urgent Care of ER new
      #117188 - 10/30/04 05:48 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Please! there are a # of things that could be going on and none of them will get better without proper treatment and some can get worse... Why can't you see a doctor on or before Monday even if yours is out of the office? no partners, etc???

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6798 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1680

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review