All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Thanks everyone! new
      #11835 - 06/16/03 07:20 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I really appreciate all the feedback...I've actually learned a lot!

I did ask one of my coworkers today. I also found out that our insurance only covers $500 per year, and he told me he wiped that out pretty quick, because the x-rays went toward that. Also, I read in the insurance book that it's applied to your deductible for the year, and my colonoscopy in Jan. pretty much wiped me out for that for the year.

But, this is what I found out about his chiropractor: he was making him come in 3 times a week at $145 a pop before the insurance stopped paying. Now that he's paying out of pocket, he said the guy said he's giving him a break and only charging $45. He said he also told the chiro he's only coming in 1 x per week, because it's too expensive. He said he's been going for about 3 months. He said the guy said it would prob. take 2-3 years to get him straightened out. He made him bring in his pillow (the guy from work said he asked him if he could come in his jammies, but he didn't think the chiro found him very amusing ), he wanted him to get rid of his sneakers, buy 3 new pair, but not try them on till he got there, so the chiro could tell him which pair was best for him. He wanted to know if he could fix his allergies, free of charge.

My coworker said he does feel a little better (he had a pinched nerve in his neck that was causing tingling in his arm sometimes). He said that 2 other coworkers have gone to this chiro.

Well, what he's told me, he didn't sound very reassuring, but maybe that's just me. I'm definitely still researching. Heck, I've dealt with this thing 14 years, what's another so I can use my insurance.

Oh yeah...you know what else he said. His OSTEOPATHIC DOCTOR sent him the to chiro. I need to check my providers again to see if I can find one--I don't know why only NY showed up. He said the reason she sent him to the chiro was because he was so leary of going to a chiro, because chiros do manipulation at a much slower pace than D.O.'s.--D.O.'s do their thing and that's that, where chiro's keep you coming back for more, basically is what he said.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#11837 - 06/16/03 08:25 PM
paintlady

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Columbia, CA

Hi Mags,
I've been going to a chiropractor for almost 3 years. First searched for one for my husband who has had 2 disk removed in his lower back and needed special kind of chiro treatment due to reg. manipulation wasn't option for him, too risky with his back.
We found medically trained chiro that uses an activator, a hand held device he uses to adjust the spine. Sounds strange but really works and with a lot less pain than reg. adjustment. My husband had such great results that I started going to him too and he removed year long neck pain (from truck accident and able to stop daily pain medication after 3 chiro treatments!) Which helped my IBS and then the 5th chiro treatment caused a releasing pressure in my middle back and was in IBS remission for almost 2 years!
Since then I get monthly treatments which temparily helps my IBS the biggest help now is Heather's cookbook and this Site.
Paintlady

Re: Chiropractors new
      #11838 - 06/16/03 09:10 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I tried chiropractic when I was first diagnosised with IBS. To tell the truth I've had better luck with yoga. But I have a grown daughter in the health field that swears by ZONE chiropractic, which includes accupuncture. Here is a web site to check out if you're interested. I think there are other links here where you can look into it more.
http://www.drpetergoldman.com/zone.html

--------------------

#11842 - 06/16/03 11:28 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

hmm sounds like this doc is asking way too much. 3 times a week at $145??? i think my doc at home is $50 each, and a discount if you pay up front instead of being billed.

and it shouldn't take 2-3 years to get better! especially going that often!! it will probably take a few months, though. most people feel at least a little better within a few weeks. it depends on the person, though. i usually can feel a difference after one visit, but i'm used to going and my bones are pretty loose and flexible and stuff.

i wouldn't go there unless you can't find anyone else. and i guess just go as much as you (and your insurance) can afford.

beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 780 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2422

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review