All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
how long have you been on librax?
      #116371 - 10/27/04 01:10 PM
bttrfly08

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Queens, NY

how long have people been on it? I have been on it since May and for the last 2 months, I was doing so well. No attacks, adding a little more food to the diet. I only take Librax once a day, but my gastro 3 weeks ago wanted me to go on it every other day and then eventually off of it because he says its an addicting drug. Long story short, I've had attacks everyday since Wednesday and now i'm back on it everyday waiting to feel better. Is it really that bad of a drug? I didn't think it was. I just want to go back to feeling "normal"!! Thanks.

--------------------
Things happen for a reason...just believe

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: how long have you been on librax? new
      #116428 - 10/27/04 02:49 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

I've been on Librax for several years starting out with 3 a day - one before each meal. A couple of years ago I dropped to 2 a day and now I am trying 1 a day. Although, if I have a particularly stressful day I go back to 2 for that day. It has really helped me a lot, too. My doc said it was OK to take as long as it was helping me. My sister has also been on it for several years. I know it can be addicting so if you do go off of it you will need to taper.

Do you take it 30 - 60 minutes before a meal?

I think it just depends on the doc you are going to as to what the advice will be.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

Re: how long have you been on librax? new
      #116535 - 10/27/04 08:24 PM
bttrfly08

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Queens, NY

Hi Barbie.... I do take it 30-60 minutes before lunch each day. I don't mind being on it, I think the doc just wanted me to see if I can start to taper off, but its only been 4 months. Maybe in another few months, i can try again. Thanks for the advice!!!

--------------------
Things happen for a reason...just believe

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 451 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 444

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review