All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
non-IBS digestive question
      #11569 - 06/12/03 11:46 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I was told but cannot verify anywhere that a painless gnawing sensation in the stomach can be symptomatic of an ulcer. I have that sensation all the time, and it's different from being hungry. Sometimes I get it right *after* I eat, so I know it's not hunger. My friends and I joke about my being "hungry" all the time--I'll eat pretty much all the time--but I guess what I really want to know is whether I ought to bother to bring this up when I finally (FINALLY!) see a gastroenterologist in July. (I'll only have one visit before I move out of state and I've never been properly diagnosed with IBS so I'm thinking that should be my first concern....)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: non-IBS digestive question new
      #11574 - 06/13/03 03:36 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Abolutely! It sounds somewhat similar to how my gastritis felt, which is sort of like an ulcer, just a general irritation of the lining of the stomach. Until then you might try some pepcid before eating, see if that helps with the acid. Good luck!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#11580 - 06/13/03 05:58 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Definitely mention it to your GI. It makes sense that if it is an ulcer, it would hurt after eating, because the food would have irritated it, right?

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#11590 - 06/13/03 07:14 AM
Laurie

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Houston, TX

I used to get this strange feeling in stomach from time to time. I never thought it was anything so I didn't mention it to my first GI. He only did a colonoscopy to rule out IBD for me and then officially diagnosed me with IBS. After a few unhappy visits I switched GI docs. This doc did all kinds of tests before telling me I probably have IBS. He still won't offically diagnose me with IBS. Anyway he did the EGD and found the H.Pylori growing in my stomach eating away at the lining of my stomach in 3 places. My point is that it never hurts to tell them everything, you never know what's going on in there without their help. Good luck!

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4806 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 505

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review