All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New Here
      #115103 - 10/22/04 08:11 PM
FergusonAcres

Reged: 10/22/04
Loc: Oklahoma

A friend sent me this website, so I joined. I'm just browsing around, reading info. Was diagnosed today, which was no surprise, but I guess it's just official now. Pretty miserable. But oh well! Where there's a will, there's a way! Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Linda Ferguson, I'm in OK. I'm 35, married for 4 yrs this December. My husband is Tommy. We breed, raise, train and show Arabians. Our last show for the year is Halloween weekend, then we get a break. Hope I survive the show without too many IBS attacks, we'll be there for 4 days. So anyway, there you have it in a nutshell.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New Here new
      #115118 - 10/22/04 10:42 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

Welcome to the boards. You will be able to find a lot of people who care and can help. Feel free to ask questions, usually someone has the answer or some good suggestions.

Leigh

#115129 - 10/23/04 02:36 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Welcome! Wow, what a job! I love horses, but kinda moved out of the horsey world when I went to Uni.

Good luck with the w/e! Hope we can help you stabilise before next spring!

#115153 - 10/23/04 07:10 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

welcome.. and ooh-- horses.. I love horses.. DH is allergic though so I only see them when I visit my best friend and godkids (they have 3 horses, so I ride when I go without him!)

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Hi Linda! new
      #115158 - 10/23/04 07:43 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I guess we're neighbors. Oklahoma is so pretty, lots and lots of trees and beautiful hills. You'll find plenty of information here to help you get stable, so maybe you won't have to contend with so many (or any) attacks at your next show. I'm glad you're here.
Terri

#115160 - 10/23/04 07:46 AM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

Welcome Linda!
You've definitely come to the right place for help and encouragement. The folks here are awesome and whether you're a c or d, you'll get lots of tlc.
Janene

#115167 - 10/23/04 08:15 AM
stephanielee

Reged: 08/31/04
Loc: North Carolina

Welcome, Linda! I'm glad you found us; this board is full of compassionate and very understanding people. You will get lots of great advise and information here. Have you read about Heather's IBS diet yet? The home page is a good place to start, with advise on how to eat, what to avoid, and how to start soluble fiber supplements. I hope you start feeling better soon. Again, it's great to have you here.

Steph

Re:Hello & Welcome!!! new
      #115178 - 10/23/04 08:33 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hello. Glad you found us!!! There are a ton of wonderfull people and information here!!!
Good Luck!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#115193 - 10/23/04 09:08 AM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Welcome aboard. I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling to great but finding this website should help. It has been a godsend for me. Take care and I hope you don't have to many problems this weekend. Be sure to read Heathers diet and follow it, it works. This message board is also great everyone is so supportive and understands exactly what you are going through.

Michelle

--------------------
Michelle

Welcome Linda! new
      #115478 - 10/24/04 07:52 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Great friend who introduced you to this site!

As everyone has said, this place is wonderful for information and support! Be sure to check out the living room too~

Good luck with your show Halloween weekend - I love horses! (I don't know a thing about 'em though, and I've never ridden!)

I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2342 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1392

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review