All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-C And zelnorm - Is there a difference in safe foods for a male vs female.
      #114589 - 10/21/04 08:09 AM
Will2Pwr

Reged: 10/11/04

Is there a difference in the safe foods. I have had constipation for 3 month's and i am on miralax and zelnorm. i ned to get back to a normal diet. i talked to a nutritionist yesterday and she said high fiber. Bran cererals and such. My digestive tract got all messed up when I fasted and had a major fear that came over me. That caused IBS-C. Anyone ever experience this?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

High SOLUBLE fiber good new
      #114608 - 10/21/04 09:53 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

but insoluble can cause bad reactions. It is needed but it needs to be used with soluble. Nutritionists and doctors are just not getting into the right thinking yet. But you have come to the right place. Read about the fibers on this web site. Make sure to use insoluble veggies and stuff in your diet too. But please read about Heather's diet!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: High SOLUBLE fiber good new
      #114619 - 10/21/04 10:27 AM
Will2Pwr

Could you give me the low down on how to start? IE What you did in the beginning to break the cycle? I have order her book but I need relief today not in a week. I thank you for your help.

#114620 - 10/21/04 10:30 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Hey check out this link it should help you out!
Breaking the Cycle

#114627 - 10/21/04 10:46 AM
Will2Pwr

I was wondering if some one could give me an example of the breaking the cycle diet. My Problem is IBS-C. Any help would be great. If there is a guy who has had this problem out there and could comment it would be great. I know that there can be a difference due the the calories needed by a man vs a woman? Thanks.

#114634 - 10/21/04 11:19 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

I always start with the BRAT diet: bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. You only do that for a couple of days. You can then start adding in safe (low fat, not red meat) protein, and since you are IBS-C, some well-cooked fruits and veggies. Vegetable soup is nice, as are baked sweet potatoes and regular potatoes.

Start taking a soluble fiber supplement (search this message board and the site as a whole about this) asap. Make sure you're getting at least half a gallon/2 litres of liquid a day - peppermint tea will help with cramps, as will a heating pad. Exercise is the other key thing that helps with C.

A lot of Heather's book is already on this site - take a look around and read up!

--AC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2226 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1054

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review