All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
GERD/Heartburn
      #11419 - 06/11/03 05:05 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

I know this isn't IBS related but I need to ask a question. Anybody that deals with GERD/heartburn, does your throat burn?? My throat has been like this off and on the last couple of days and I just want to make sure its either heartburn or GERD. Also, does it feel like there is something in your throat or when you swallow, it takes a second for it to go down? I have been taking Ranitidine, but that really hasn't been helping so I'm going to start taking Nexium. I have taken Protonix before, but it was giving me bad side effects. Also, how long does it take for medicines like Nexium to get into your system? I have a doctor appointment on Monday (for woman exam and talk to her about reflux, and I called her today and asked her if it would be ok to start on Nexium, we have samples already) and I would have made the appointment sooner but I have had alot going on this week and I'm having company this weekend. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Leanne

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: GERD/Heartburn new
      #11440 - 06/11/03 07:55 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I was diagnosed with GERD a year ago and have been taking Nexium for over a year now. I works great for me and sometimes I do have to take it twice a day.
As for the burning in the throat that sounds like reflux. The best way I've handle this disorder is to not eat trigger foods past 1:00. My main meal is a lunch time. If I eat red sauce or drink milk around supper time I will deal with reflux durning the night and burning in my stomach by moring.
Hope this helps.

#11450 - 06/12/03 12:04 AM
Crow

Reged: 05/31/03
Loc: Adelaide, South Australia

Leanne, sounds like reflux to me. I have been on Nexium for about a year also and they have been fine with no noticeable side effects.

#11547 - 06/12/03 03:41 PM
Leanne01

Thank you sooo much for your guys/gals help. I took a Nexium last night and then this morning I took one and I haven't had any problems all day. This maybe just what I need. Also that lump feeling in my throat is not as bad as it used to be. This little purple pill is a wonder drug!

#11626 - 06/13/03 02:35 PM
Leanne01

Another question I was wanting to ask, does the reflux seem to come and go? Yesterday I was feeling fine and today I have had a little bit of it, and I took Nexium this morning and a Zantac this afternoon.

Thanks!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1644 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 767

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review