All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I must be dumb
      #113324 - 10/15/04 09:08 PM
cathyada

Reged: 10/15/04

I dont understand where to find the IBS diet--I am suffering terrible right now--doc has me on lomotal, levsin for pain and lactobacillus and I was on clear mix citricel but from reading here I switched to benefiber and will start that tomarrow--now the diarehha is awful--Im in pain and I cant stand it. I am eating only rice and bananas and gatoraid mixed with water--Im so confused--I am suffering terrible--IM sure I posted all wrong--any suggestion and help would be appreciated--am new here--this is my first post--thank you Cathyada

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I must be dumb new
      #113325 - 10/15/04 09:12 PM
amitchell83

Reged: 09/11/03

Hello! I am sorry you are suffering so badly! I am not new to IBS, however, I don't post very often so I don't know of how much help I can be. I do know if you click on any of the links above (the ones that look like thumbtacks) you will find TONS of great information about the IBS diet! As long as you have the time to read A LOT...you will be IBS knowledge rich!

I hope this helps some! I hope you feel better...we are all thinking of you!

~Amanda

#113326 - 10/15/04 09:18 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

You aren't dumb. If you go to the home page and click on the "break the cycle" link, it is in the second paragraph, and then just start reading and clicking on other links that lead you to the "break the cylce diet", trigger foods, "soluble vs. insoluble".

It might take you a while to catch on, but once you get going it is easy to pick out the right foods.

Also, I just want to mention that I am not sure if gatorade is very good for you depending on the flavor, it might have high fructose corn syrup and alot of citric acid. When I am sick with diarrhea I drink watered down Pedialyte (it is the baby's version of gatorade and easier on the stomach because there is no high fructose corn syrup in the clear, unflavored one)

good luck!

Click here.... new
      #113337 - 10/16/04 04:08 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

... IBS diet

#113350 - 10/16/04 06:44 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hello And Welcome!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4889 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 631

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review