All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ok I am starting to get mad!!
      #112888 - 10/14/04 05:35 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

The side pain is back. I know I am going to start my P in about five to seven days!! Why can't I control my side pain during this time!!! It doesn't make sense. This pain is up high on the left side alomst under the ribs!! my doctor said it where my last bend in my colon is. I would understand more if the pain was down low where I get P cramps. I don't get how P effects me up so high!

Doctor said she doesn't think I have endo but we will talk more about it after my blood work comes back. I guess the fertllity doc would be the one to deal with it if I have it!! I know that is feels like trapped gas. I took my Four gas x yesterday and ate very safe!! I guess I will try taking more gas x today!! I know I will feel better after my P so I am not depressed just frustrated that I can't control it better around this time!!!
UUUUGGGG
Thanks for listening. Just need to vent!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok I am starting to get mad!! new
      #112889 - 10/14/04 05:55 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Don't get mad Heather, it'll make it worst. This month I had no issues with pain coming up to my P..I was amazed, your time will come...you have had days without side pain now rememeber when you had it EVERY day ALL the time.

If you have emailed me I am at work and can't access my home email so I will check it later, or you can PM me on this.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#112892 - 10/14/04 06:05 AM
heather7476

I know it will get better and I am still real happy that I didn't have it for so long. I know I will get back there. It is just so frustrating!!! It has let up a bit since I got up and started moving! So it is not so intense now. Which is good because I have to take Kenna to school to school today!! Whice will give me three hours of peace and quite! Her art classes were cancled yesterday because her teacher got food poisning!!( so no break yesterday) I hope she is ok she has IBS to. She has had it under control for awhile now and I hate to see her relapse. She was pretty sick when she first got. Ok I am rambling now. Talk to you soon!!!

For some reason I can't PM anybody. It won't let me! I will e mail you at home later today!! How's work going?

--------------------
Heather7476

Heather7476 check your email!!! new
      #112978 - 10/14/04 11:45 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

work went ok, tummy not great today, tending towards D, but still positive. Didn't go to the gym though, in case had to run to the bathroom!

Mail me when you get my mail,

--------------------
S.

*hugs* Heather- nt new
      #113009 - 10/14/04 02:03 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#113022 - 10/14/04 02:14 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, girls! PM is not activated on this website. Heather thought we could all get more benefit from each other if we kept posting all our replies to each other here. She said you never know when your question or answer might be JUST what someone else needed to know too!

By the way, I love the name Kenna! How'd you pick that?

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: LS / Kenna's name new
      #113026 - 10/14/04 02:26 PM
heather7476

Thanks
Her full name is Makenna we call her Kenna for short. I read it in a trashy novel !! I loved it. I tell everyone it was in a fairy tale. But I trust you guys to never tell her I named her after a hussy in a book LOL
Plus it is Irish got love that. The acuttaly Irish one is MacKenna but I thought that looked to manley!! So I dropped the C.
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

#113059 - 10/14/04 04:46 PM
RnbwConnection78

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Bensalem, PA (right outside of Philadelphia)

OMG I get those pains! I get them about a week before my period under my ribs and it feels like I Am being stabbed. As silly as it sounds, I have been told, and found out from my own experience, that it's gas! I can deal with the gas down low where I can rub my tummy but under my ribs! One time I thought I was having a heart attack. Now, I usually try to drink the hottest tea I can stand and that usually will help. If not, I curl up in the feal position on my side. Apparently, many women with our without IBS have issues with gas during or before their periods.. who knew?

--------------------

#113061 - 10/14/04 04:50 PM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

At least you know it will end when your p is over.
Hang in there and keep thinking of the good days
you've been having..sending you hugs....
God Speed
Janene

#113062 - 10/14/04 04:54 PM
heather7476

Who knew is right!! Well I am glad to know it is probbaly just gas. I will up my gas x tommrow and see if it helps. Maybe I will just need more gas x around P time! I let you know if it helps. Man sometimes being a women just plain stinks!!! (pun intended)
Thanks so Much!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#113064 - 10/14/04 04:54 PM
heather7476

Thanks Janene!! I will!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#113134 - 10/15/04 04:49 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I hope its better today- I had some pain this month with my period, but less then last month.. so thats a good start.. still more then I would have liked to have had though.

Amie whose parents arrived last night so won't be online much until they are gone.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Amie new
      #113138 - 10/15/04 05:22 AM
heather7476

Yep feeling better so far! Hope you have a good visit with your parents!!!
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: LS / Kenna's name new
      #113276 - 10/15/04 01:52 PM
LauraSue

LOL!! Named after a hussy -- you are FUNNY, girlfriend!

I'm part Irish on my mom's side. My grandma had red hair and freckles and a temper to match!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#113277 - 10/15/04 01:53 PM
LauraSue

Hey Teresa (rainbow)! Haven't seen you in a while! Good to see you back. How have you been?

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1717

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review