All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
What does everyone here do for a living and how does IBS affect your work?
      #11288 - 06/10/03 01:46 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I am a graphic designer with a local company and am lucky that I can go to the rest room when ever necessary. Although it is a little embarrassing that everyone knows when and how often I go to the rest room, but oh well. I can't imagine how tough it would be to get away from a classroom if I were a teacher.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What does everyone here do for a living and how does IBS affect your work? new
      #11292 - 06/10/03 02:23 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I am a teacher! It is quite hard to get out and go to the bathroom! Thank G-d I don't have diarrhea.......but it's pretty bad when I get gassy! (And I go to the bathroom a lot when I drink a lot...and that's embarassing enough....or when I'm constipated and there's a million kids in the bathroom! Yikes!)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: What does everyone here do for a living and how does IBS affect your work? new
      #11293 - 06/10/03 02:24 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I work in a small optical office. It is just the doctor, who is only in 2 days a week and me. Its hard because if I need some time in the bathroom, I have to lock the door than try to make up excuses to my patients why the door was locked! It also means I had better be dying for me to get a sick day because if I am not there the office doesn't open. Needless to say I have to go to work a lot when I should be staying home! But I like my job and my boss and I can't complain about my pay, so what do you do!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#11298 - 06/10/03 03:33 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

hi; IAM A TUPPERWARE CONSULTANT,do tupperware parties so my time is my own and I work my own hours. I don't think I could do the 9-5 thing anymore because I don't think I hav e the stamina for it and of course, meals wise would be a little difficult to do as well.

#11300 - 06/10/03 03:46 PM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

I am a student taking distance education, so it is great to be home during the winter months, however right now I am a biology technician for 4 months...when I am in the office I feel comfortable "going" and "flatulating" whenever I want, there are very few females working in the building so the rest room is almost always free, besides my cooworker and she is great about my condition. However, I sometimes have to fly around all day in Helicopter, and it is not so nice then, It sometimes makes me sick to my stomach, so have to land in the woods sometimes!!

#11301 - 06/10/03 04:12 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

I sell on Ebay. It's a perfect job for me as I work at home. I can tailor my shopping trips according to my "schedule".

#11302 - 06/10/03 04:33 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I used to teach but thankfully I taught 1st grade so we had a potty in our room. Of course it was a little kiddie sized one so that made it interesting! But with my IBS-C/P there wasn't always so much D going on as just those moments that I was in so much pain I thought I might faint out on the kids, that was my big fear! Now I'm full time Mommy to my 3 kiddos (4, almost 3, and Sarah will be one tomorrow!). Being home is helpful but still so busy and it can REALLY get in the way!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#11321 - 06/10/03 08:22 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

this is a great thread to start... i'm always curious to find out about other people's lives and stuff.

i'm in school for cosmetology right now. the staff at school knows about my disorder and are really great about it. the only time my ibs is seriously a problem is when i have an attack in the middle of a service... like a perm or hilites or something intensive like that. thankfully that has only happened once or twice, but it does make me nervouse when i'm feeling a little sick in the morning. usually on those days i ask to be put on "dispensary duty" - helping people mix color, keeping things clean, washing towels, etc...

beth

#11328 - 06/10/03 11:09 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

i work nights as a janitor . i am close to bathrooms when i need to use one. i usally take a caltrate with a nuelev pill every day before going to work. if i worked during the day i would have a srious problem with my ibs.

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#11329 - 06/10/03 11:17 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

ruchie do you take any gas pills at all? doesnt this ibs suck bad. some people dont under stand ibs people it seems like.

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1790 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32836

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review