All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Too skinny????
      #112790 - 10/13/04 03:45 PM
feelingood

Reged: 08/08/04

Hi everyone

Quick question? Hubby told me last night Im too skinny--he said Im looking sick. I have been on this diet since August and feel really good most of the time--I did have one setback but it was my fault (for cheating on the diet.Anyway does nayone else have this situation--I really dont have much of an appetite anymore and Im working on adding insoulables back into my diet slowly but Im getting there. Anway what do I do about this? Right now I weight 5 pounds more than I did when I met my husband I weigh 122 and Im 5'6". Hubby says he's worried about me. Should I be worried??

Missy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Too skinny???? new
      #112802 - 10/13/04 04:10 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

if you've lost a ton of weight and YOU think you look sick or others comment- try eating higher CALORIE foods- like some of the breads and cakes listed here on the site that have a lot of sugar as opposed to increasing the amount you are eating so that your diet includes the calories to stop the weioght loss and maybe for awhielto put it back on....

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

This is what I've heard... new
      #112804 - 10/13/04 04:12 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Supposedly at 5' you should be around 100 lbs. and add 5 lbs for every inch. So at 5'5 you should be around 125... give or take a few. Hope this helps.

PS. Do you feel underweight or feel that you look underweight??

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: This is what I've heard... new
      #112807 - 10/13/04 04:22 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm either 3 inches too short or 15 pounds too heavy. LOL

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: This is what I've heard... new
      #112814 - 10/13/04 04:50 PM
feelingood

I do not feel too skinny. Im actually happy--Over the past 3 years I have lost about 40 pounds--I now can wear a 6 (or an occasional 4). I did try to eat a little more today and Im baking some maple oat breads as Im typing. I told hubby Ill try to eat more "balanced" because somedays I only eat pretzels or graham crackers for lunch--Im in college full time so Im either in class or working in the classroom Im assigned to and I dont like risking being sick. Thanks for your input.
Missy

thin and stable is better then.... new
      #112823 - 10/13/04 05:32 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

bigger and unstable...I would do anything to be stable. This summer I dropped down to 100 pounds and am 5'4....people were shocked...I definetly looked to thin. But by the sounds of it you sound as if you have a lovely figure! Just put your IBS first because you are the one that has to suffer...

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#112828 - 10/13/04 05:45 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I was 140lbs. 5'7" and since being on the diet I am 128lbs. and 5'7" and my GP said I am about 7lbs. underweight for my height and bodyframe. I don't think i look unhealthy yet but I don't want to lose anymore weight. My GP said to eat more food on the diet if I am stable to gain weight. I am trying so let's hope that works. Good Luck to you!

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#112830 - 10/13/04 06:18 PM
jonsie57

Reged: 06/08/04
Loc: dallas, texas

Too Skinny?
I wish I weighed as little as you do. I am 5'2 and weight about 216lbs. have been on this diet since May or June. I have lost a few pounds, but not as much as I wished.
I eat regular sized meals, stricly only home cooked, no fast foods, no dairy except soy products, bakery fresh breads, no fried foods and only chicken or turkey, plus pasta. Of course veges also. What is wrong?? Can anyone help!!!
Thanks

P.S. I also do not take second helpings.

#112841 - 10/13/04 07:22 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

I am 126 lbs and almost 5'10", so no I don't think you're too skinny, because then that would make me really really too skinny. As long as you feel healthy, then you are alright. I had gotten down to 119 before I found the IBS diet, because I stopped eating because everything seemed to hurt. I gained weight by eating alot of the breads, the pumpkin apple spice, the zuchinni, the blueberry, etc. And I snack all day, probably about every 2 hours, small snacks, nothing crazy.

just make sure you are eating enough to get all the nutrients you need to be healthy.

#112898 - 10/14/04 06:31 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Missy,
I am 5 '7" and alittle less than 120lbs (I refuse to weigh myself too much anymore- I get obsessed), and I don't feel too skinny. everyone's frame is different and they carry weight different too. I wouldn't worry about unless you FEEL unhealthy and are definetely not eating enough. When I first started this diet I cut back ALOT on food, to keep from eating too much at one time. I wa aslso not used to eating so many times a day, so I would forget. I have since worked my way back up.
Just make sure you are not starving yourself and that you are getting nutrients and your daily requirements in, than the weight will come back on if it is supposed to be there.
Good luck to you!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: thin and stable is better then.... new
      #112967 - 10/14/04 10:52 AM
feelingood

I agree--I feel "good" most of the time I even go days without thinking about my IBS (which is amazing to me) Thanks everyone for your input.

Missy

A suggestion from a fellow skinny gal new
      #112972 - 10/14/04 11:23 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hi Missy,

I have lost a lot of weight too and have been getting comments from people about my weight regularly. One lady at work now calls me "skinny mini" instead of my real name.

One piece of advice for you is about clothing. This has made a difference for me. If you've lost lots of weight, go buy yourself things that are the correct size. Don't keep wearing those pants/jeans that are 2 sizes too large and hang on you. It will only make you look smaller. I've done that and it has changed my comments to being more positive. People now say that I haven't looked better and that this sizr is my ideal weight. Go figure? Just between us, I would love to gain 5-7 lbs.

Good luck!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1490

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review