All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Hi I'm not new...but I want to start over...
      #112325 - 10/12/04 10:57 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I have been on SO MANY DIETS in the past few years from naturopaths, etc. I need your help getting back on track with the IBS Diet. I am in OA and I hope I can tell my sponsor all about the diet and stay on track with it. I NEED to lose weight from all the meds (I was 112lbs. when I married hubby...now I weigh 145lbs...not good for fibro at all!) Please be patient with me and if I ask anything that;s already been covered (hasn't everything?), please bare with me. I'm foggy right now, got the fibro frog thing, so if you wouldn't mind directing me to a search or a link or whatever it's called LOL that would be TERRIFIC!

High fructose corn syrup is bad, corn syrup is good, right?

What's the best mayo to get?

I am oredering Heather's acaia fiber...how much should I start with?

What's the best tea if you have heartbirn?

rown rice is a safe food, right?

hoe much water per day?

Whata re the safest fruits/vggies to eat?

Where can you get gluten free pretzels?

I used to andser these questions for newcomers myself...now I have been out of touch too long to remembrr

I am embarassed that I stearwed form Heather's diet.....I've been trying to figure out why I'm sos sick with the help of food. Didn't work.

Now I know why I'm so sick! No it's time to go back to the IBS/heartburn dsafe diet.

Thanks everyone...sorry if I'm asking the same questuons you get 100 times d ayda...

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi I'm not new...but I want to start over... new
      #112339 - 10/12/04 11:45 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Quote:

I have been on SO MANY DIETS in the past few years from naturopaths, etc. I need your help getting back on track with the IBS Diet. I am in OA and I hope I can tell my sponsor all about the diet and stay on track with it. I NEED to lose weight from all the meds (I was 112lbs. when I married hubby...now I weigh 145lbs...not good for fibro at all!) Please be patient with me Awe!! Of course we'll be patient! Anything to help you, sweetie! and if I ask anything that;s already been covered (hasn't everything?), please bare with me. I'm foggy right now, got the fibro frog thing, so if you wouldn't mind directing me to a search or a link or whatever it's called LOL that would be TERRIFIC!

High fructose corn syrup is bad, corn syrup is good, right? You are correct!

What's the best mayo to get? Try not to use mayo, but if it's absolutely necessary, use Fat Free Miracle Whip

I am oredering Heather's acaia fiber...how much should I start with? I don't use Acacia, but I can tell you to use the smallest dose possible and work your way up. I think she's actually got that type of info on the packaging.

What's the best tea if you have heartbirn? Fennel, chamomile or ginger.

rown rice is a safe food, right? Brown rice is insoluble fiber, better to use white.

hoe much water per day? 8 8oz glasses... I buy the Liter containers, and drink two of those a day.

Whata re the safest fruits/vggies to eat? soluble fiber

Where can you get gluten free pretzels? Any place that has a good natural food selection.

I used to andser these questions for newcomers myself...now I have been out of touch too long to remembrr Don't beat yourself up Ruchie. Just look at this as an oportunity to get better!

I am embarassed that I stearwed form Heather's diet.....I've been trying to figure out why I'm sos sick with the help of food. Didn't work. Awe!! We all have our moments of weakness. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start over! You will feel better soon!

Now I know why I'm so sick! No it's time to go back to the IBS/heartburn dsafe diet.

Thanks everyone...sorry if I'm asking the same questuons you get 100 times d ayda...

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Thanks Becky!!!! new
      #112348 - 10/12/04 12:04 PM
Snow for Sarala

Out of the list you sent me these are the ones I CAN eat:

Brown Rice, no white
Carrots
Yams
Sweet potatoes
Turnips
Beets
Squash and pumpkins
Mushrooms
Chestnuts
Avocados (though they do have some fat)

This doesn't lave me wit h a lo to worj with...any suggestions?

Mucho thanks!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Thanks Becky!!!! new
      #112349 - 10/12/04 12:07 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

The brown rice has a lot of insoluble fiber in it, so I wouldn't use it in place of the white. Can you have pasta?? Or potatoes??

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#112379 - 10/12/04 12:53 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Ruchie- what is the issue with white rice? if I recall- you are celiac- breads and things made from potato starch, corn starch or rice flour among others are safe too... not familiar with fibro- maybe one of the fibro ladies can help make other suggestions to you? I make yummy pasta from spinach and semolina flour to...

good luck

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#112381 - 10/12/04 12:56 PM
Snow for Sarala

no pasta no potatoes no hite rice for me this is harder than i though....

thanks Becky *hugs*

ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Aww, *HUGS* new
      #112382 - 10/12/04 12:56 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

How about quinoa? You can get quinoa pasta as well at a HFS (I go to Whole Foods, I don't know if you have those is AZ), and I've also gotten gluten free pretzels there as well. I second the potatoes, if possible.

*more hugs* You sound determined, so I think you'll be better before you know it!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#112387 - 10/12/04 01:02 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thakns amie,

semolina is flour, corn can and often has gluten unless it says gluten free, and white rice is bad for my blood sugar (at least it makes me feel symptoms of hypoglycemia) so I can't have that stuff. Potatoes hurt my tummy. I'm running out of ideas...but I know someone here will come up with DOMETHING!

Thanks Amie...I appreciate your help and effort!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Aww, *HUGS* new
      #112392 - 10/12/04 01:11 PM
Snow for Sarala

I feel like a big bummer but I can't have potatoes or quinoa they BOTH hurt my tummy and potatoes do werid things to my blood sugar *sigh*

there has to be sometihng I can eat!!!

Thakns melitami!

*hugs*

ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Rice and Potatoes new
      #112395 - 10/12/04 01:19 PM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ruchie:

I am hypoglycemic too. But I can't eat brown rice because it would give me major IBS pain. I have to stick to white rice. There are many different types of white rice (not just Uncle Ben's) so maybe one of the alternative types might work okay for you. I am trying out organic basmati at the moment and doing well on it!

As for the potatoes, could it be you are eating conventional potatoes? My tummy hurts from those too. But I've been fine since I switched to organic potatoes. Have you tried organic?

Unfortunately the IBS diet is not exactly ideal for blood sugar problems. However, the IBS diet has to come first because otherwise you may be in constant pain.

Belinda

#112401 - 10/12/04 01:29 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

What's the best mayo to get? Try not to use mayo, but if it's absolutely necessary, use Fat Free Miracle Whip

If you are near a health food store, check out a vegan mayo. There is absolutely no dairy in it.

Quote:

I am oredering Heather's acaia fiber...how much should I start with? I don't use Acacia, but I can tell you to use the smallest dose possible and work your way up. I think she's actually got that type of info on the packaging.

Here is what Heather says on the site:
"For the soluble fiber powders (Acacia Tummy Fiber™, Citrucel, Benefiber)
Start at 1/2 - 1 level teaspoon twice a day and over the next week or two (or three or four) work up to 2 tablespoons twice a day, or the equivalent of 12-15 grams of soluble fiber supplement per day. If you stabilize at a lower dose, simply stay there."

Quote:

What's the best tea if you have heartbirn? Fennel, chamomile or ginger.

Fennel should help the best, but I would watch out for the ginger. It has been known to cause problems in GERDS and heartburn.

Quote:

hoe much water per day? 8 8oz glasses... I buy the Liter containers, and drink two of those a day.

Here's a thread about how much water with an excellent link: web page.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Food For Thought new
      #112406 - 10/12/04 01:32 PM
belinda

Ruchie:

Is this ALL the food you can eat, or just ALL the veggies and starch you can eat? By the way, I thought yams and sweet potatoes were the same thing!

I have a severe case of IBS, but I can eat many more veggies and starches than you list. Please read Heather's website front to back again! She gives great tips on how to prepare some of the trigger foods so that they are safer to eat. I've tried her tips and unbelievably I've been able to add gads of food (real variety!) to my diet!

My latest additions include organic tomatoes (peeled and most seeds removed) and organic mushrooms (peeled). One of the tricks is to not eat too much of the trigger foods. For example, I can tolerate a teaspoonful of organic brocolli every night for dinner without any trouble at all. But anything more than a teaspoonful would be too much.

Another trick is puree some of the trigger foods. For example, I just bought pureed corn in the babyfood section.
I'm going to try a little for dinner one of these days.

The trick is also eating the trigger foods with lots of soluble fibre.

Does this help at all? If you have IBS, I highly recommend you stick with Heather's diet. I've had IBS all of my life (46 years) and I know from personal experience Heather's diet is 100 per cent correct.

Belinda

Tinkyada brands, sweetie... new
      #112415 - 10/12/04 01:52 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

The Tinkyada brand of all kinds of pasta is amazing. All made from rice. It's from Canada. See if the smaller HFS or Whole Foods carries it. Trader Joes is unlikely to. It's better than any American made wheat alt. pasta I've had to date, and believe me, I've tried just about all of them. I understand if you can find a good Italian GF pasta they too are incredible. Sometimes little local Italian markets carry that, since eating GF out in Italy is very easy to do, or so I'm told.

I feel so bad for you Ruchie. You'll feel better once you stay on this diet, once and for all. Fibro is no fun, but you have probably the best fibro people in the world to help you...LS, Linz, JenX and others. Amazing and caring they are.

But I have to ask..just how do you know you are allergic to wheat? What tests proved it? Or, are you eating GF because of the fibro?

And about potatoes...do you test your blood after eating them. Is that how you know it spikes?

I suspect there will be alot of things that you can't handle now that you will in the future, once you are a bit more stable.

Good luck to you sweetie, You can do it!!!
Kandee

--------------------

#112417 - 10/12/04 01:54 PM
chigal

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

Ruchie,
I'm so sad to hear that you are struggling so much! You've been an inspiration to me in the past, and I know you will get back on track again.

I've had good luck with Hellman's "2 Good" Mayo. It doesn't have egg yolks, and if I throw some dill in it, it's pretty good!

I don't have the resource I need to check this out, but when you look at how much insoluable fiber is in brown rice, it may still be low enough to tolerate. I used to think it was super-high in insoluable fiber, but in small amounts it may be well tolerated. I've mixed a couple of different cooked rices together -- kind of a pilaf without the butter! That can be good as well.

I hope OA works well for you. I've tried that a couple of times, and I found them to be too tough on food issues. That just led to more stress and more problems for me. However, any spiritual system like OA can be very helpful.

I've seen a book at Whole Foods that has diets for all GI issues (GERD, IBS, etc.). When I get it, I'll let everyone know what I find out.

Hang in there, Sweetie! Glad you're back!

#112430 - 10/12/04 02:23 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Ruchie,

Seen you around alot, but never really had a chance to talk to you, so I would like to say 'hi'!
I also hope that you make it through this tough time okay, just remember that figuring out your key foods is the tough part, than you just have to worry about sticking to them and concentrating on getting better.

Maybe brown rice is okay for you, heather has posted before that it is okay, but I think that it is one of those things that vary per person. I have been eating brown basmati rice, and haven't noticed a bad reaction, but would prolly not dare to eat it if I wasn't stable.
You seem like you have a somwhat decent list of veggies
going on, maybe could you try throwing them together in a stirfry and making brown rice with it? (If you find the rice works for you). Water chesnuts are soooo lovely in stirfrys.
Can you tolerate chicken ok? I am a vegetarian, so I don't eat it, but if you do maybe grill/bake/ whatever your chicken to go with rice/veggies.
You are going to need protien to regain strength, I assume (but I am no expert, I admit!)
Can you eat amaranth? It is a grain that can be used as a hot cereal, I beleive, I know that it is a wheat-free alternative., and can be found at the HFS. maybe a trip to the HFS should be in order, to ask the staff there for their suggestions on products they may have.
If there is a WHole Foods Store by you, check it out. A couple of celiacs people I know shop there all of the time, lots of gluten free alternatives.
Are you okay with soy? Not to eat on an empty tummy or anything...
About mayo, I bought Nayonaise a while back (vegan, but still quite a bit of fat) and only used a drop. I am sure that after ahile you will not miss mayo. Try using mustard as a new condiment. I thought I hated mustard til I started this diet and tried it.

Also, I found that fennel and chamomile are my only teas of choice with heartburn. Chamomile calms the nerves and tummy spasms (even menstrual cramps!) just nicely, and is very easy to find. (I use Twinings tea bags) It sounds like a soothing choice given your current state of things.

You definately do have lots of things working against each other, so it is gonna be tough. You might find that you have to either make trade offs, or to just stick to a couple of key foods.

Oh, another thing, I have found that smoothies are pretty filling, so if you can handle soymilk, toss that, a banana, and maybe a mango in the blender.
I am gonna look up more grain info, so I might post again on this thread.

Good luck,
Sheri

--------------------
-Sheri

#112448 - 10/12/04 03:21 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I forgot you were gluten free.. there are gluten free pastas out there, and btw- I am hypoglycemic.. if I eat protein with each meal it makes a huge help to that.. and I also eat 6 small meals a day.....

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Aw honey! new
      #112549 - 10/13/04 12:21 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Here's Heather's trigger list

Hey, I weigh 146lbs (that's 10 stone 6 right?)! Nearly snap!!! I've given up on losing weight for now, I want to be good with the IBS diet and do stuff for the Fibro and losing weight as well is too much for me atm. But then, the IBS diet is so low fat, I'll you'll lose weight anyway (why can't I be tolerant of veggies, not fat? ).

I get Hellmann's lowest fat mayo, but then as I said, I'm more tolerant of fat than others.

I'd start with 1/2 tsp Acacia three times a day. Do that for 2 weeks and then add a bit more. If you don't get any gas, you might be able to add more quicker (fortunately, I'm also tolerant of SFS - something useful!).

With heartburn avoid mint and ginger. Chmomile and fennel are good. I mix fennel seeds with dried lavender - that's yummy!

Try for 2 litres water a day. It's good for the Fibro as well. At least, the negative effects of NOT drinking enough water are extra bad with Fibro as we're so sensitive. I've only started doing this myself again since the support group meeting.

With all those veggies you listed, there's loads of stuff to eat. I'd really recommend risottos. You might find you can handle half and half brown and white rice, maybe? If you only have a very small portion, it shouldn't spike your blood sugar. I'll post some more risotto recipes when I work them out! Mushroom risotto is already on the recipe index. You can do great risottos or stews with rice using squashes. Can you have soy? If so, you could add soy protein powder to meals to give you the protein to help with the hypoglyceamia (sp????). If you can get GF pasta, you could also make Heathers' Butternut Squash Linguine which is yummy - just sub the linguine for whatever pasta you get. Can you have zucchini? I'm just about to post a zucchini risotto recipe Simon invented! Can you have pumpkin seeds as you can have pumpkins? Another thing I've started on since the support group meeting. They're good for essential fatty acids (just don't ask me which one as I forgot before I'd even left the meeting! ). And they're yummy!

Being good on the diet will really help I bet. I know that my Fibro and IBS are so linked that if one gets bad, it can trigger off the other one! Which is really why I'm trying to be extra good again. You can do it! Good luck!

white basmati has the same glyceamic index as brown rice -nt new
      #112839 - 10/13/04 07:10 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: HELP!Diabetic#2 new
      #112852 - 10/13/04 10:23 PM
MiMiLu

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Subs of Detroit,MI.

reading these posts and sooo confused!!!! I have diabetes2 and this IBS diet list of soluble fiber has only 1or2 items I can eat without my sugar soaring!!!I eat any white anything and I am at 300/I am taking the Acaia fiber(just started)but what can I do about my diet???? PLEASE

--------------------
Mary(MiMiLu) I have ibs,diverticulosis,diabetes,
HBP, and a lot of weight to lose.

Re: Rice and Potatoes new
      #112855 - 10/13/04 11:12 PM
Snow for Sarala

Hi Belinda,

tried organic too....something about potatoes bothrs me (maybe from the fibro?) i had white rice last night with tamari sauce and fish...and you know what? it was OK!!!!!!!

i'm glad ya'll keot telling me try white rice...it was jasmine...

Belinda, if you tin of anything else...please let me know....

love,
rcuhie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Wow, Jen, THANKS!!!!! new
      #112856 - 10/13/04 11:16 PM
Snow for Sarala

It must have take a ton of work for you to get all that info. together for me...thanks bunches!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Food For Thought new
      #112857 - 10/13/04 11:18 PM
Snow for Sarala

Belinda,

i am wondering if maybe i can eat other veggies...and i don't know it yet? i haven't tried pureed vegiies amd we don't have a blender....do u thin that's something we should get? or is buying pureed babcy food in the store sufficient?

thanks

*hugs*

ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Tinkyada brands, sweetie... new
      #112858 - 10/13/04 11:24 PM
Snow for Sarala

KANDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *big hugs*

I haven't seen you in forver!

so far the Tinkyada i've come across has all been brown rice pasta. is that what you eat? wate hurts my tummy....sll the tsests came back neg...but i feel it when i eat it potatos...i don't know...i feel weird when i eat them. not tests...just they make me feel weird (can't exzplin the feeling).

it seems a lot o foods if i eat them, say, once every 2 weeks are ok. i have thse in-between foods that are fine on a once in a while bais. it's so werid and i'm not really sure how to handle those food...

how ARe you Kandee? i'll be thinking about you this wekeend. i WISH i could go SO BAD....i hope i can come next time!!! i'm gonna be thinking about you and everyone else and wishing iw as there to meet y'all....

ENJOY Vegas....

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#112860 - 10/13/04 11:28 PM
Snow for Sarala

Hi Chigal,

thanks! i think for mayo i'm gonna give fat free hellman's or miracle whip a try. or something from a health food store.

OR teeny tiny quantities of whatever we have in the house.

the rice mix sounds super duper! i'll have to try rhtat...

If you ever want to give OA a try again, we could do it together. The food plans are tough...but I'm finding ways to do it little by little. If you want e-mail me I'd love to have a friend who's been there *hugs*

Love ya girl!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#112863 - 10/13/04 11:36 PM
Snow for Sarala

Hi Sheri!

Wow, thanks for all the info. I never considere Amerenth but now I will!

i really enjoy reading your posts...they're super! you're really caring and kind and you care about other's feelings...i think that;s terrific!

i agree with the chamomile! it' super for all the stuff i have going on you're right on there!

i think with brown rice i have to mix it with white. i have jasmine brown rice at home and i need to get more white to go with it.

stir fry's are yum...and i like fish with my rice tons....so hopefully i'll get enough chicken! i can't eat soy or sugar...but those smoothies are DELICIOUS!!!

if you think of anything else....i'f love to hear your ideas! thanks for your sympahty...i DO have lots os stuff worjking against one another...but i guess i'll have to be crarive and come up with a plan that wirks for me. that takes time...and it's tough when you have so many things goig on at one. but obne day i;ll have a better handle on the fibro and and a routine there and i will be able to refine other things even better!

anyhow, it's GREAT you've been on the boards, and thank for the heloo. you're super sweet! *hugs*
Love,
ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Thajns everyone *hugs* new
      #112968 - 10/14/04 10:54 AM
Snow for Sarala

You guys gave me tons of info!

i had puffed millet cereal for breakfast...it was pretty yum.
I'll let you know what else I come up wit...

sorry very sleeoy and out of it...been bit by that from agaibn...write more soon!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Babyfood new
      #112969 - 10/14/04 11:07 AM
belinda

Ruchie:

I often buy pureed babyfood! It saves a lot of time and work in the kitchen!

However, if you want to buy pureed babyfood too, please make sure you read the ingredients on the jars. I think Gerbers is a good brand in the U.S. because often you can buy a "pure" product that contains just the fruit or vegetable pictured on the jar. For example, Gerbers apple sauce would just contain apples and maybe a little Ascorbic Acid, but nothing else. For some babyfood there could be other ingredients listed (corn starch or whatever), so just check the label before buying it.

You may prefer to buy organic babyfood, but I find organic babyfood generally doesn't taste very good! (Don't know why.) I really love Gerbers, but, alas, it's not available here in Canada so I can only indulge when I am in the U.S.

Yes, a blender might be a good idea although I never find the time to use mine. I think one of Heather's books lists what equipment is needed for an IBS kitchen. You might want to check out her books -- which are probably available at a U.S. bookstore like Borders.

Bon Apetite!

Belinda

Taters new
      #112970 - 10/14/04 11:17 AM
belinda

Are you eating the potato skin, or just the white "meat"? The skin could certainly aggravate IBS, but generally the white part is fine. Maybe you have an allergy to potatoes. I thought they were bothering me too for awhile, but then it turned out I was often eating them with red meat, which I later found out was an IBS trigger. And here I was blaming the taters!

By the way, before you get too excited about surviving last night's dinner, please bear in mind that sometimes you could get a delayed IBS reaction. Often I get sick the next day or even a couple days after eating something. That's what makes it so difficult sometimes to control IBS and to figure out what is causing the discomfort.

Belinda

#112973 - 10/14/04 11:28 AM
belinda

Mimi:

This is a very tough problem. Diabetes is rampent in my family and I have been unable to tolerate sugar for 20 years now without getting dizzy spells even though I am not yet "officially" diabetic.

The trouble with IBS is that insoluble fibre (unrefined fibre like whole wheat bread or brown rice) can trigger IBS attacks. Soluble fibre (refined foods like white bread and white rice) are usually fine for IBS, but they are very bad for diabetics because of the high sugar content in refined foods

I think this is something you would need to consult a doctor on. You obviously can't eat a food that shoots your blood sugar too high, but, on the other hand, you can't eat a food that's good for your blood sugar but triggers painful IBS attacks. This is such a terrible dilemma.

You might have to stay away from refined foods and work with the IBS safe foods that remain. Or maybe you might need to increase your diabetes medication (if you are taking medication) to cope with the extra sugar.

As I say, this is a very difficult dilemma. I'm hoping I won't be facing the same situation myself one day. My heart goes out to you.

Belinda

Re: white basmati has the same glyceamic index as brown rice -nt new
      #112974 - 10/14/04 11:30 AM
belinda

This is very interesting information!

Is the basmati rice still a soluble fibre even though it has the same glyceamic index as brown rice?

I have noticed I tolerate basmati rice much better than other types of white rice I was eating, but I don't know why.

Sorry I'm a little late new
      #112996 - 10/14/04 01:21 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Ruchie,

Don't worry about asking questions. You know everyone here is so wonderful they will be happy to help anyway they can. I don't know much about fibro, except what I read here, so I can't be of much help in that area.

I have just recently gone back on Heather's diet and am feeling much better now. I highly recommend acacia. I try to stick with low fat as much as possible and I eat alot of white rice, bread, oatmeal, etc. I know exaclty what you mean about weight. I weighed 103 lbs when I married my hubby 20 years ago (yesterday) and now I am at about 128. I just can't seem to take it off. I guess if I try to exercise more I might have more sucess. It is hard sometimes though.

I'm sending lots of hugs your way. Keep asking those quesitons.

--------------------
Janey

Edited by Janey (10/14/04 01:22 PM)

#113114 - 10/14/04 09:49 PM
MiMiLu

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Subs of Detroit,MI.

Thanks Belinda, thats what I thought too!!! seeing new doctor tomorrow asking for a GI doc to help me out...right now I am at a constant battle with my body.Grrrr not happy at all.

--------------------
Mary(MiMiLu) I have ibs,diverticulosis,diabetes,
HBP, and a lot of weight to lose.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4124 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5398

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review