All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Hi I'm not new...but I want to start over...
      #112325 - 10/12/04 10:57 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I have been on SO MANY DIETS in the past few years from naturopaths, etc. I need your help getting back on track with the IBS Diet. I am in OA and I hope I can tell my sponsor all about the diet and stay on track with it. I NEED to lose weight from all the meds (I was 112lbs. when I married hubby...now I weigh 145lbs...not good for fibro at all!) Please be patient with me and if I ask anything that;s already been covered (hasn't everything?), please bare with me. I'm foggy right now, got the fibro frog thing, so if you wouldn't mind directing me to a search or a link or whatever it's called LOL that would be TERRIFIC!

High fructose corn syrup is bad, corn syrup is good, right?

What's the best mayo to get?

I am oredering Heather's acaia fiber...how much should I start with?

What's the best tea if you have heartbirn?

rown rice is a safe food, right?

hoe much water per day?

Whata re the safest fruits/vggies to eat?

Where can you get gluten free pretzels?

I used to andser these questions for newcomers myself...now I have been out of touch too long to remembrr

I am embarassed that I stearwed form Heather's diet.....I've been trying to figure out why I'm sos sick with the help of food. Didn't work.

Now I know why I'm so sick! No it's time to go back to the IBS/heartburn dsafe diet.

Thanks everyone...sorry if I'm asking the same questuons you get 100 times d ayda...

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi I'm not new...but I want to start over... new
      #112339 - 10/12/04 11:45 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Quote:

I have been on SO MANY DIETS in the past few years from naturopaths, etc. I need your help getting back on track with the IBS Diet. I am in OA and I hope I can tell my sponsor all about the diet and stay on track with it. I NEED to lose weight from all the meds (I was 112lbs. when I married hubby...now I weigh 145lbs...not good for fibro at all!) Please be patient with me Awe!! Of course we'll be patient! Anything to help you, sweetie! and if I ask anything that;s already been covered (hasn't everything?), please bare with me. I'm foggy right now, got the fibro frog thing, so if you wouldn't mind directing me to a search or a link or whatever it's called LOL that would be TERRIFIC!

High fructose corn syrup is bad, corn syrup is good, right? You are correct!

What's the best mayo to get? Try not to use mayo, but if it's absolutely necessary, use Fat Free Miracle Whip

I am oredering Heather's acaia fiber...how much should I start with? I don't use Acacia, but I can tell you to use the smallest dose possible and work your way up. I think she's actually got that type of info on the packaging.

What's the best tea if you have heartbirn? Fennel, chamomile or ginger.

rown rice is a safe food, right? Brown rice is insoluble fiber, better to use white.

hoe much water per day? 8 8oz glasses... I buy the Liter containers, and drink two of those a day.

Whata re the safest fruits/vggies to eat? soluble fiber

Where can you get gluten free pretzels? Any place that has a good natural food selection.

I used to andser these questions for newcomers myself...now I have been out of touch too long to remembrr Don't beat yourself up Ruchie. Just look at this as an oportunity to get better!

I am embarassed that I stearwed form Heather's diet.....I've been trying to figure out why I'm sos sick with the help of food. Didn't work. Awe!! We all have our moments of weakness. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start over! You will feel better soon!

Now I know why I'm so sick! No it's time to go back to the IBS/heartburn dsafe diet.

Thanks everyone...sorry if I'm asking the same questuons you get 100 times d ayda...

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Thanks Becky!!!! new
      #112348 - 10/12/04 12:04 PM
Snow for Sarala

Out of the list you sent me these are the ones I CAN eat:

Brown Rice, no white
Carrots
Yams
Sweet potatoes
Turnips
Beets
Squash and pumpkins
Mushrooms
Chestnuts
Avocados (though they do have some fat)

This doesn't lave me wit h a lo to worj with...any suggestions?

Mucho thanks!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Thanks Becky!!!! new
      #112349 - 10/12/04 12:07 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

The brown rice has a lot of insoluble fiber in it, so I wouldn't use it in place of the white. Can you have pasta?? Or potatoes??

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#112379 - 10/12/04 12:53 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Ruchie- what is the issue with white rice? if I recall- you are celiac- breads and things made from potato starch, corn starch or rice flour among others are safe too... not familiar with fibro- maybe one of the fibro ladies can help make other suggestions to you? I make yummy pasta from spinach and semolina flour to...

good luck

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#112381 - 10/12/04 12:56 PM
Snow for Sarala

no pasta no potatoes no hite rice for me this is harder than i though....

thanks Becky *hugs*

ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Aww, *HUGS* new
      #112382 - 10/12/04 12:56 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

How about quinoa? You can get quinoa pasta as well at a HFS (I go to Whole Foods, I don't know if you have those is AZ), and I've also gotten gluten free pretzels there as well. I second the potatoes, if possible.

*more hugs* You sound determined, so I think you'll be better before you know it!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#112387 - 10/12/04 01:02 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thakns amie,

semolina is flour, corn can and often has gluten unless it says gluten free, and white rice is bad for my blood sugar (at least it makes me feel symptoms of hypoglycemia) so I can't have that stuff. Potatoes hurt my tummy. I'm running out of ideas...but I know someone here will come up with DOMETHING!

Thanks Amie...I appreciate your help and effort!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Aww, *HUGS* new
      #112392 - 10/12/04 01:11 PM
Snow for Sarala

I feel like a big bummer but I can't have potatoes or quinoa they BOTH hurt my tummy and potatoes do werid things to my blood sugar *sigh*

there has to be sometihng I can eat!!!

Thakns melitami!

*hugs*

ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Rice and Potatoes new
      #112395 - 10/12/04 01:19 PM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ruchie:

I am hypoglycemic too. But I can't eat brown rice because it would give me major IBS pain. I have to stick to white rice. There are many different types of white rice (not just Uncle Ben's) so maybe one of the alternative types might work okay for you. I am trying out organic basmati at the moment and doing well on it!

As for the potatoes, could it be you are eating conventional potatoes? My tummy hurts from those too. But I've been fine since I switched to organic potatoes. Have you tried organic?

Unfortunately the IBS diet is not exactly ideal for blood sugar problems. However, the IBS diet has to come first because otherwise you may be in constant pain.

Belinda

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1315 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5396

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review