All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New Here!
      #111947 - 10/10/04 08:49 PM
MiMiLu

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Subs of Detroit,MI.

Hello I am new and I am trying to figure this board, sorta new to the computer and used to a different type of board on AOL.I am wondering if anyone knows if you can use the
fiber Acaia from Heathers shop, at the same time as taking medicines. I am diabetic and also take BP meds,if anyone knows please let me know. Also if someone sends you a privite message how do you answer them back? I saw no way to do this.Where do I go to learn the ropes of the boards??
I am having a hard time with this diet and the diabetic diet as it is kind of the opposite. I never eat white anything,flours sugars rice ect...anyone else out there diabetic#2 ? email me if you have success on these two diets and how you blend them. Thanks, Mary

--------------------
Mary(MiMiLu) I have ibs,diverticulosis,diabetes,
HBP, and a lot of weight to lose.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New Here! new
      #111955 - 10/10/04 11:45 PM
leslierf

Reged: 10/11/03
Loc: Tucson, Arizona

Welcome!
I can only help with the Acacia question. I take it and several different meds and I have never had a problem with combining them.
I hope you get the answers you need here!
Leslie

#111957 - 10/11/04 12:53 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That's right about the Acacia - as it's a diet supplement and because of how it works, it doesn't enter your bloodstream at all, so it can't affect meds.

I think there are some other diabetic's around. Can you not eat white bread and rice or is that just your choice?

#112069 - 10/11/04 01:43 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Mary and welcome!

Heather says to think of the acacia as food. So the only problem would be if one of your meds says take on an empty stomach. Otherwise, no problem!

The private message function here is turned off deliberately. Heather thinks we will all benefit more from everyone's questions and answers that way.

I know what you mean about diabetic diet, but there's several people here who have managed it, plus I think there's a chapter in one of Heather's books that might be on the website. Anyone remember that?

So welcome to the best board on the internet!! Keep coming back, okay?

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#112081 - 10/11/04 02:09 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Insofar as the Acacia or any other SFS goes, I don't think it interferes with your meds. I take Citrucel and Fiberstore everyday and I am on three different meds. so far, no problem.

diabetics: My daughter is Type 2 diabetic and she eats rice and white bread. Her diabetes is also stable, and she has to use no meds at present.

Her nutrionist told her to eat 90 grams of carbohydrates per meal. But that is her; I am sure someone here on the boards can give you much better advise.

Welcome to the boards!

This too shall pass.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#112082 - 10/11/04 02:12 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Hello and welcome!

I can't help with the diet questions, but if you check out the technical FAQ link toward the top of the page, you can get some info on learning the ropes. Also, if you have other questions about the board, you can post them in the Living Room section, and we'll be glad to help.

Good luck with everything - So glad you found us!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4037 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 661

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review