All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Back pain
      #111374 - 10/08/04 10:54 AM
Angie22

Reged: 10/08/04

Anybody gets really bad back pains?, i did read somewhere that with IBS you could also get back pain, lower back that is. today is pretty bad, it goes down to my legs, any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Back pain new
      #111378 - 10/08/04 11:14 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

My chiro was explaining how various muscles have interior organs they are related to and those places will not get better when the others bother. E.G. I have a bad right hip mostly the hip flexor muscles in upper thigh and these correspond to the small intestine and so he says the hip won't heal when the tummy is problematic. Hmmph I am not sure but it is interesting.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#111383 - 10/08/04 11:23 AM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

My chiro says basically the same thing. I have scoliosis in my back and
have a 45degree curve which is out of whack right where the nerves in my back go into the colon. And his take on my IBS is that my back is causing
alot more problems to my IBS as I'm getting older. I think it makes sense for me, because even tho I do watch what I eat, the diet has never made me stable with my IBS. Sometimes some food can bother me and other times the same thing doesn't. Something to think about anyway...
Janene

#111397 - 10/08/04 12:04 PM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

I see an Osteopath for misalignment issues. She told me the same thing.... everything is connected... Once my stomach issues started improving - so did my issues with my back, hips, legs, knees ect...Not 100% yet - but there has been significant improvement. Anne

#111398 - 10/08/04 12:05 PM
Miss Pepper

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: Delaware

I have back pain all the time but I've never been told there was a connection between that and my stomach problems. I have specific problems with my back though - degenerative disk disease, a herniated disk, and scoliosis. It's an interesting question/thought though.

#111414 - 10/08/04 01:02 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

It could be related, but it also could be coincidence. For example, I have had severe sciatica (pain down the leg like you're describing) due to two different TREATABLE problems. One, a herniated (aka slipped, degenerative, etc) disk in my lower back. Treatment for that was a dose pak of Medrol, a strong anti inflammatory, and specific exercises to strengthen my abdominal muscles. The second was a severe muscle spasm deep in my hip called piriformis syndrome. The treatment for that again was Medrol and a DIFFERENT set of exercises to strengthen the piriformis muscle. These were both long before I developed severe IBS and neither of them have bothered me since I got IBS. So fortunately, sometimes things are NOT related. Nice not to have to deal with one thing when you've got another!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#111415 - 10/08/04 01:03 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Also, Angie, I wanted to say hi, and welcome!!! This is a great board with terrific people. Hope you stick around!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#111419 - 10/08/04 01:08 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

I have back pain when I am C, but when I have a bm the pain goes away. Funny how things are related huh?

Check with your doctor and make sure your pain is related to your tummy problems.

Good luck!

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#111937 - 10/10/04 07:27 PM
Angie22

Reged: 10/08/04

Thanks, i do think everything in the body is related, aren't we lucky?? I've had a bad IBS + back pain week and i am frustrated. I miss cofee and donuts!! LOL!
Anyway thank you for your help and for letting me vent.
Angie

#111939 - 10/10/04 08:02 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

angie 22 my back hurts sometimes to. all i can say when my back hurts i just take another hyscomine pill. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2458 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1908

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review