All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acutane
      #111147 - 10/07/04 12:58 PM
melissa23

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Arkansas

If there is anyone who is reading this, or knows anyone who has taken or is taking Acutane please refer them to this web-site www.fightingforyou.com it has recently come to light that this drug may I say MAY be a cause for some of us with IBS and IBD. Please take the time to read thru this and talk to the lawyers- after you calm down of course, I had to wait 15 minutes after I read all of this to call from all the anger. Also, I am not saying this is the reason we ended up with this but for some this maybe our "why". I just wanted to share this little bit of new knowelage with the rest of yall. May God be with you today, tomorrow and forever.

--------------------
Melissa Landers

My God be with you today, tomorrow and always

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acutane new
      #111285 - 10/07/04 10:43 PM
salsagal

Reged: 09/10/04
Loc: Boston, MA

Hi,

I took it about 20 years ago. I checked the legal Website; it says Accutane may cause IBD, not IBS. Hmm . . . makes you wonder which of today's drugs are tomorrow's poisons.

--Salsagal

#111301 - 10/08/04 04:08 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

It's good that you mention this because I know a girl with lots of digestive problems that swears Acutane caused them. I don't know if she has IBS but she has a very strict diet of no dairy and meat and has many, many food allergies. From what I've heard, her health changed drastically after taking Acutane for her acne.

#111313 - 10/08/04 06:10 AM
melissa23

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Arkansas

Let her know not to be to surprised by all of it, I know once I was on it and after the fact, I am not the same person I once was. There are allot of things that she needs to take into consideration and try to get her to a doctor. It can't hurt, only give her a piece of mind letting her know that she isn't loosing it. I swore up and down that I was loosing it when all this initially started but 7 years later I learned that I wasn't.

--------------------
Melissa Landers

My God be with you today, tomorrow and always

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4792 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 574

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review