All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-C and Zoloft
      #110543 - 10/05/04 12:11 PM
ChucksKat

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

My dr. started me on Zoloft very slowly, but now that I took the 25. mg. this morning, I am experiencing the cramping I get with my IBS. Could this be the Zoloft? I had hoped it would actually help me...

Thanks for any input.

Kathy S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-C and Zoloft new
      #110551 - 10/05/04 12:32 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Shouldn't be the Zoloft. Probably just coincidence. I'm sure it will help you, just keep in mind it may take several weeks to show an effect.

Also, side effects lessen as your body gets used to it, so hang in there unless things get really bad, which they shouldn't. And remember that if for some reason the Zoloft doesn't do it for you, there's TONS of others that work, too.

Good luck and keep us posted, okay?

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#110559 - 10/05/04 01:07 PM
melissa23

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Arkansas

It could be the Zoloft, I was on it after my diganoies (SP?) and it made me so sick, my dr. took me off because it was causing more bm than before. she later told me some of the anti depressants (SP?) do cause it to go one way or the other but that everyone is different. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Melissa Landers

My God be with you today, tomorrow and always

#110822 - 10/06/04 01:25 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Melissa, you are absolutely right. I just googled it and 18% of patients reported diarrhea vs. 6% on a placebo. Good catch.

Kathy, again it may get better with time, but you may want to speak to your doctor about it.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: IBS-C and Zoloft - HANG IN THERE new
      #110839 - 10/06/04 02:10 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

I was initially sick on Zoloft for over a week. Started with 25 mgs. i also felt really anxious with crawling skin. I had diahrea the first day then went towards C. I gradually went up in dosage to 50, 75 & finally 100. After 2 weeks was no longer sick. After one month felt fantastic. Mine was for anxiousness & my IBS was already under control from Heather's diet so can't tell if Zoloft helps IBS or not.

#110880 - 10/06/04 03:35 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Yep, D is normal for the first couple of days. (It happened to me and my sister.) It's just your body adjusting to it being in your system. Give it a couple of days, and it should settle down.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4983 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 833

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review