All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can the ER help?
      #11042 - 06/07/03 05:07 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Hey guys, my ibs flared up BIG time today, and my parents keep on saying "If your stomach doesnt get better soon, we're gonna take you to the emergency room." I need some ER stories. WHat will they do? Can they actually help?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can the ER help? new
      #11048 - 06/07/03 05:41 PM
Chris

Loc: Kansas

I don't think the ER can help much if it is just your regular IBS problems, but if the pain is just so bad you just can't stand it they may be able to give you pain meds, I have almost gone to the ER twice, but that was because I had a strange sharp pain in my colon when I stood up. IF anything seems out of the ordinary I would go to the ER just in case. Hope you feel better soon

#11051 - 06/07/03 05:52 PM
Lisa from LA

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Currently: Raleigh, NC Formerly: Lafayette, LA

Hi Angel, I have had to go to ER once or twice with a terrible flareup when I felt like I was going to bust. They ran Xrays then called my gastro who called in a prescription for me. Good luck girl...I sure am praying you feel better soon...you are way too young to be feeling so bad.

Take care and keep us posted.

Lisa

#11053 - 06/07/03 05:56 PM
ConcreteAngel

Loc: New Jersey,USA

Thanks guys for your caring responses.I sure hope I get better soon too

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#11096 - 06/08/03 05:56 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Angel, I've been thinking about you. If your attacks are getting this bad, maybe this would be a good time to suggest to your parents that you try out this diet again. It's less drastic than the emergency room and you can say that if it doesn't work, (which we know it will but they don't) you'll try their way. You could set a time limit (ie. Heather's diet for 2 -3 weeks) and see if there is an improvement. Write out what you eat now and how many attacks, and how severe. Then, when on the diet, continue to record how you're doing. That way, your parents can SEE the difference. I know they don't like this because they say there's so many things you can't eat. Why not call it a substitution diet? I know their fav. is burgers and fries, right? Well, you can have a chicken burger (check the frozen section at the grocery store - they now carry ground chicken and turkey burgers) they can have their beef burgers. For the fries, get them to try McCain's Low Fat Fries (I love them - they are a "safe" for me as long as I don't eat the whole bag!). Who knows? They may even like them!@#$?
You see what I'm getting at? You can't have this, but you can substitute this for it. You could even try it in the summer time and volunteer to do some of the cooking. BTW - with the burgers, throw them on the barbecue instead of in the fry pan. That way the fat drips off and it gets a yummy BBQ flavour.
Tell them it's a summer science experiment.
Let me know what you think. As far as I'm concerned, it's more helpful and less drastic than the emerg.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1533 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 739

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review