All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What else can I do??!!
      #110298 - 10/04/04 12:11 PM
Ang

Reged: 09/22/03

I am currently living in Belgium, as an aupair for the past month. Originally I thought this would be a great job because most of the day I would be at home with the kids and I should be able to control my stomach. Well, I am finding out differently. Mornings are the worst times for my stomach and when I lived by myself I was able to wake up early and relax so I could get a good start to the day. Well here, I do wake up early, but then I have to wake up the boys and run around for a half hour trying to get everything ready! I must stand there at the table and remind them to eat, so I am constantly stuck by their side. If I try to use the toilet, the mother often calls my name because she needs something. To add to this stress, the commute to school is doubled because of traffic. So sometimes it takes me a half hour to drive the boys and I to school!

I take my fiber and eat a piece of toast when I first get up, then when the boys eat their breakfast I try to have a peppermint tea. But I am finding on quite a few mornings, now, that this is not enough. I am scared to take Immodium very often, so I have only taken it a couple of times. I am IBS-D,by the way. Any ideas on how I can deal with my mornings better? I am not sure what I should be doing differently. Please help!! Also, I am extremely frustrated about the whole job thing! I am starting to think that I will not be able to work in any job that I would enjoy.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What else can I do??!! new
      #110340 - 10/04/04 02:24 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such problems. What a drag! Don't be afraid to take Imodium the night before. I have IBS-D and I take it frequently as a preventive (like before going out to dinner which is my major trigger). And don't worry about your future career, you'll do fine! How long is this job for?

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#110343 - 10/04/04 02:27 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Welcome to the Boards!!!
I am sorry to hear you are having such a rough time right now. How much fiber are you taking?? I would go ahead a take the Immodium. I know many of the people hear use it as a preintive. It will get better!!!
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

#110355 - 10/04/04 03:21 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Hi and welcome to the Boards.

I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time right now. Are you taking a SFS? How about eating some oatmeal and sourdough toast along with a cup of Peppermint tea first thing in the morning? Thern a couple of hours later peel an apple and try that.

Time my feet hit the floor in the mornings, I take one of Heather's Peppermint Capsules. Two hours later I take my SFS and have me an eggbeater omelet with a sourdough muffin and a cup of StomacheEase.
a couple of hours later I have a bowl of oatmeal. I try to eat some IBS safe food every two hours.

I don't know if it will work for you, but you have to try something that's for sure.

Good luck

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#110362 - 10/04/04 03:41 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Hello Ang,

Sorry to hear that your job's so rough right now! Mixing IBS and work can be VERY tough - I think that it's awesome that you're making the effort.

I know that this may be totally implausible, depending on what kind of woman the children's mother is, but have you tried talking to her about this? She probably doesn't know that she is interrupting you, but as long as she isn't a meanie, she should understand your need to use the restroom.

Also, I would take the immodium as a preventative, at least on those days when you have to go out. Another thing you might try is the hypnosis cd's, or just some relaxation tricks to help you when you have to drive the kids to school.

Don't give up on the job-thing. Even if you can't do this one, you can still find something you enjoy. Maybe you'll have your own business someday with your own hours and rules, and make a million dollars!

Good luck, and I really hope this works out for you!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#110473 - 10/04/04 09:53 PM
Ang

Reged: 09/22/03

This job is for a year. Thanks for the suggestions. It is hard for me to eat every two hours though, since I attend school with the 11 year old as his tutor. So basically I am lucky if I get to eat 3 meals a day! For my SFS I am taking 3/4 of a Citrucel scoop, twice a day. I really need to find something else to take though, since Citrucel is not found here. But I am definitely scared to change!!

#110501 - 10/05/04 07:25 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

This job is for a year. Thanks for the suggestions. It is hard for me to eat every two hours though, since I attend school with the 11 year old as his tutor. So basically I am lucky if I get to eat 3 meals a day! For my SFS I am taking 3/4 of a Citrucel scoop, twice a day. I really need to find something else to take though, since Citrucel is not found here. But I am definitely scared to change!!

Hmmm, I'm guessing that if you got enough SFS (1.5 scoops of Citrucel = only 3 g of soluble fiber!), that would help. Acacia is way gentler than Citrucel, and it's a lot easier to get up to 10-15 g of soluble with it.

--AC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1079

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review