All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Heh... new
      #111066 - 10/07/04 09:02 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Don't feel bad... on top of all my other problems, I have some kind of genetic deficiency that's causing my teeth to basically disintegrate. Nothing's helped it; my mom's teeth are the same way. I know I'll have dentures by the time I'm 35-40. I already have basically no teeth in my bottom left and upper right jaws, I've had to have them all pulled.

Can you have rice milk? Almond milk? I'm just curious... I have an old-time Victorian recipe for something called "milk toast" - it's almost like a fast bread pudding, very soft. Not that you ever have leftover baguette anyway, but just in case you ever do! LOL

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heh... new
      #111067 - 10/07/04 09:05 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I tried rice dream but I couldn't tolerate it. It was too sweet for me. I've never heard of almond milk!

~nelly~

#111108 - 10/07/04 11:55 AM
atomic rose

Pacific Foods makes almond milk and also oat milk. It's not even all that difficult to make your own - rice milk is especially easy, if I remember correctly, and then you could definitely have it not-so-sweet! There are recipes in the recipe index, in case you ever get a craving for something milk-like. Rice Dream *is* pretty sweet. I couldn't tolerate it either until very recently.

Casey- teeth new
      #111129 - 10/07/04 12:37 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

My Dad had a similar problem and had to have ALL his teeth removed at 25. I have beaten him on that score anyway so maybe you will beat it too!

My friend's sister never got adult teeth, she just has milkteeth and had to have false teeth from the age of 10! She's about 26 now and just had an operation to get some bone from her hip to rebuild her jaw and get permanent false teeth, yuck!

See, feel better now Casey? BeckyT/Rachel would be a good person to discuss this with since she is a pro at teeth!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#111138 - 10/07/04 12:51 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Milk toast was alive and well when I was a kid! Are you saying I'm some kind of Victorian dinosaur!!! Hmmph!!

When we were sick, my mom would make it for us. One slice of buttered toast in a bowl, heat milk in a saucepan and pour it over, sugar to taste!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Whats your safest food?? new
      #111194 - 10/07/04 03:06 PM
karmakatt

Reged: 07/27/04
Loc: Massachusetts

i absolutely LOVE heather's peppermint fudge cake, although i omit the peppermint... it never comes back to haunt me, has NO eggs, and i *think* i'm starting to put a little weight on...since i eat at least 2 pieces a day!

btw - great thread

kk

#111229 - 10/07/04 04:46 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

LS! I had N E V E R heard of milktoast. It sounds very English, doesn't it a little?

P.S. I don't think you're a Victorian dino!! Although I suspect maybe you may have a leather corset or two in your closet... Possibly a whip too. Maybe that's a different type of Victorian...

~certainly not nelly~

Re: Oven fries for Jasper! thanks atomic rose new
      #111290 - 10/08/04 12:08 AM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

thanks atmoic rose for information on oven fries. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Re: Jasper thanks abby82 new
      #111291 - 10/08/04 12:11 AM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

thanks abby for the information on angel food cake.

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

ROFL! new
      #111294 - 10/08/04 02:34 AM
atomic rose

Silly Laura! I would never say such a thing! I'm just saying that it's a Victorian recipe in origin. And it's tasty, for something so simple. I wish I'd discovered it long before my late 20s.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 605 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19766

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review