All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Re Lortonex
      #10939 - 06/06/03 05:53 AM
roseamb

Reged: 03/13/03

Hi my name is Rose. I am almost 63. I have severe IBS " D" prevelent which I have had for the past three and1/2 years. I got it from two bad bouts of E- Coli(sources unknown) I have had IBS though off and on for the past 39 years. It is Fibro related.
I started Lotronex last Friday and after five days I became constipated I have had alternating bouts of D and C before and never have been what you would call" normal".
When I got tied up I discontinued the Lotronex and called my Doctor as the instructions said to do. We were out of town yesterday and I didn't receive a call back as to what to do .
I stoped the Lontonex and used a stool softener, along with eating some greasy forbidden food ( a hamburger and choclate) I finlly got some reief.
After a couplw of days I am going try a lower dose of Lotronex I stated with 1 mg once a day, but I am now going to try 1/2a pill every or evey other day. I have been able to eat normally, but have had some gas while on the pill. I hope this works for me or I will have to go off it and wait till the new drug Cilanestron comes along.
Heather of interest. My Gastro asked me not to take Fiber right now. Hmmm I wonder why I hope everything will work out for me I have your books and love them Thanks you so much for all your hardwork Rose

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Re Lortonex new
      #10953 - 06/06/03 11:02 AM
Laurie

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Houston, TX

Hi Rose!

I took Lotronex when it was on the market the first time. I had a small bought with constipation, only lasted two days but that's bad for me. I discontinued and ate fresh fruit and within a day I cleared out. My doctor then lowered my dosage. I am about to enter the second part of the Cilanenstron study. The Cilanestron reminds me of Lotronex but not has harsh. Kind of like Lotronex Lite. I hope the lower dose of Lotronex works for you. I'd ask you doc why you can't have any fiber right now. I think, from my own experience, it would help keep you regular. The big fear with Lotronex is constipation. Did you have to go through the seminar and sign all the paperwork?

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

#10981 - 06/06/03 06:06 PM
roseamb

Reged: 03/13/03

Hi Laurie no I did not attend any semiars Iam going to ask my Gastro about that new drug you are taking He told me to stop the Lotronex but iMIGHT TRY ITAGAIN WITH A LOWER DOSE iWILL TY 1/2 A TABLET FOR SEVERAL DAYS AND SEE HOW IT WORKS iF IT DOESNTi'L STOP IT ENTIRELY tHANKS SO FOR AMNWERING MY INQUIRY gOD bLESS and God luck with the new drug Rose

#11150 - 06/09/03 12:01 PM
Laurie

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Houston, TX

It's funny when I went off the initial part of the study for the new medicine, I thought they forgot about me. I had gone on vacation and lost 5 pounds in less than a week. We had to leave early because I felt so bad. I got so frustrated that I told my mom and sis I was going to start calling GI docs and see if they prescribed Lotronex, but then I got more information on the continuing the study. I hope your doc can help you find out more about the new medicine. All I know about it is that it isn't FDA approved yet and Solvay Pharmaceuticals is the manufacturer. While I was on the study I didn't know the name until the last month and I learned it on ibsrelief.org. Good luck Rose and God bless!

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1886 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 794

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review