All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Loosing Weight...
      #108962 - 09/29/04 05:44 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

My family is concerned because they think I have lost too much weight since I have been on Heather's diet. (I was at the weight that I should be for my frame and height before I started it). Now I am in the beginning of what my weight range for my height and frame.

I told them that the reason why I lost weight is because I haven't been eating dairy and dairy made me bloated. So, my bloating is no longer there. Also, I do remember, when I was a C, after I finally had a bm (twice a week) my stomach did go down significantly. Then I would get bloated again two days later due to not going for a while and eating a lot of dairy.

I am not really concerned. But, I did realize that I am not in taking a lot of fat. Everything is low fat. This is good right? Or should I be getting a little more fat in my diet? If so, what are some healthy snack foods that won't contibute to me loose any more weight. I pretty much want to maintain my weight and not loose any more. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Healthy Fats new
      #108982 - 09/29/04 08:11 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hi Sweet,

Although this diet is low fat, it shouldn't be no fat. There are tons of healthy fats out there that are safe for IBSers. For example, oils are a safe healthy fat when used in moderation and can be used in different dishes, such as pastas and poultry. Avacados are also a healthy fat - try putting a few on your sandwiches. Not only will you be getting extra healthy fat, but also some insoluble fiber!

Hope this helps,

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Healthy Fats new
      #109003 - 09/29/04 09:24 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Ooh, and don't forget fatty fish (if you like fish). Salmon, tuna, mackerel, sardines - all have lots of good Omega 3 oils that are not quite as hard on IBS as other fats (or else even fatty fish is leaner than lean meat). Also, they help make your skin smoother and your arteries cleaner!

--AC, the salmon fan

#109024 - 09/29/04 10:38 AM
Sweetd

Thank you, sounds good!

--------------------

Angylroses new
      #109026 - 09/29/04 10:42 AM
Sweetd

Well, my diet does have some fat in it, it's just very low fat. I will try to incoporate more of these things in. I am snacking on low fat things now and the while thing with not eating dairy, I know that is the reason why I have lost weight. I guess, I just should eat more of these things you have listed and maybe snack more than once a day. I will try this and see if it works. Thanks!

--------------------

Re: Loosing Weight... new
      #109034 - 09/29/04 11:56 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I second healthy fat in controlled amounts- fish, nuts, healthy oils (olive/canola) in limited amounts... it makes a HUGE difference... when I don't include at least some of those things I feel even worse, and my perpetually dry skin gets worse too...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#109128 - 09/29/04 06:54 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I agree with the fish and using olive/canola oil. You also need fats to help your brain function!!!! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 474 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 736

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review