All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
pasta noodles i cant eat this help
      #108891 - 09/28/04 02:02 PM
patsy

Reged: 09/28/04
Loc: uk

hi my name is patsy new to site have had ibs for 32 years years just found site had stoped milk and pork years ago but icant eat pasta noodles and iam not to good on potatoes
have food allerages as well as ibs all so can not take lots of meds

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

hi patsy new
      #108894 - 09/28/04 03:01 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Welcome and I hope you like it here. Are you starting the diet? Many people have specific foods they cannot tolerate that differ from other people. I used to have problems with certain heavier starches but now I am fine with them in small servings. Sometimes it is what we put on something or how much we eat it that makes problems. Some people here have celiac and so they cannot eat any wheat items and so they substitute rice noodles for wheat pasta. Other times people find they can eat things they thought were bothering them when they settle their tummies. Heavy things bother me so sometimes potatoes and bagels and things are a problem. So tell us more about your food restrictions.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: pasta noodles i cant eat this help new
      #108923 - 09/28/04 07:00 PM
FEMBETH

Reged: 09/20/04

I was wondering if you ever tried no egg noodles? or do you have a allergy to all noodles? I just found those at the local grocery. I used to alway buy no yolk noodles before I found these. Good luck! Fembeth

Re: pasta noodles i cant eat this help new
      #108928 - 09/28/04 07:37 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Look for rice noodles in the Asian foods section of your supermarket. Rice in general is great.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1366 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 412

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review