Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #108996 - 09/29/04 09:14 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hi Tamara!

I'm so sorry about your pain! I'm wondering if you've been checked for ovarian cysts?? I had one that was 6cm a few years back, and it killed to go to the bathroom, to the point that I was doubled over in pain and couldn't move out of a fetal position. Just a thought!

Hope you get to the bottom of this...SOON! You poor thing!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thank you everyone! new
      #109083 - 09/29/04 03:05 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04

I am off to urgent care now. The kicking type pains are lessened in the afternoon but now I am all bloated. Anyway gosh I hope it isn't gall bladder! I drank so much peppermint tea today! It is the only thing that helps me. Well we will see what the good for nothing urgent care doctors have to say.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Hope everything is okay! Come back and tell us what happened. -nt- new
      #109094 - 09/29/04 03:44 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: cool whip new
      #109097 - 09/29/04 03:51 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

I have been on the IBS diet for over a year now and doing great, I even cheat sometimes with really bad things such as coconut creme pie with real whipped cream. However, cool whip, I can absolutely not do. My mom made me a strawberry shortcake using angel food cake,strawberries, and she used cool whip because she knew I don't do dairy. Anyway, I was sooooo sick the next day. At first I blamed it on the strawberries, but they are usually okay, so I tried just angel food cake with cool whip, as a test and had bad results. So cool whip is bad.

evening spent in ER new
      #109124 - 09/29/04 06:34 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04

Urgent care doesn't do abdominal stuff. My xrays told the story- lots of stool and gas! My gas was more north than normal and I think since I have finally had normal BMs since Monday that everything was shifting. But my body seems to like to hold on to stuff and it just sits in there. Recommended enema or MoM. Had the panoply of tests (not pregnant! ) and next Friday I go to my normal doc and we'll talk about drug options. I haven't had the kicking cramps since earlier in the day so I hope they don't come back. Well I am just glad it wasn't gallstones or ulcer etc. Thanks for the support!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: evening spent in ER new
      #109125 - 09/29/04 06:38 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

Well, I'm so glad it wasn't anything serious!!! I've had the "backed up stool" problem before. The only thing I can suggest, is to do a colonoscopy prep. It sucks doing it, but it works! You can go to any drug store. The Fleet Phospho Soda is the most tolerable. Good luck!!!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: stressors and pain continue! new
      #109127 - 09/29/04 06:50 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

Just hang in there-I hae it with C and keeping track so you don't get realy constipated is important!!! keep your diet lite with a lot of soluble fiber and tea!! i do use Librax for bad spasms and pain also. Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Acid new
      #109171 - 09/30/04 01:57 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Maybe Barbie's right, in which case, the peppermint could be bad! Try strong chamomile instead. But go to the doctor too - this sounds horrible.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4844 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3724

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review