All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Prebiotics (acacia, inulin and arabinogalactan)..How do they differ from each other?-nt- new
      #109718 - 10/01/04 08:16 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I second the hormones and IBS new
      #109745 - 10/02/04 06:09 AM
renaanne

Reged: 09/19/04
Loc: Marietta, GA

I'd like to know how normal monthly hormones affect IBS. I didn't have ANY problems with IBS while being pregnant either time (instead I threw up for 9 months)!

Re: Is low dose enteric aspirin daily for prevention of heart attack OK with IBS? new
      #109762 - 10/02/04 08:02 AM
Teresa Lynn

Reged: 09/16/04

Hi Barbie,
I know this is a question that you have for Heather. I did find a couple of things that I thought might interest you. Aspirin, ibuprofen and even vitamin C tablets can irritate your GI mucosa. Aspirin is a salicylate. Heather says: Menthol and methyl salicylate are the main active ingredients of peppermint, and they both have powerful analgesic (pain-killing) properties. It'll be interesting to see what Heather says because I'd like to know too.

Teresa

Why don't doctors think there is a food/IBS connection? I'm not being cynical. new
      #109771 - 10/02/04 08:39 AM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

I've had three gastroenterologists say that it doesn't really matter what I eat. I know they are intelligent people. Why do they flippantly disregard your diet change ideas? Why are there no documented studies to prove or disprove that this diet works?

How would doctors respond to the soluble fiber and diet change links to helping IBS sufferers? I always get the feeling from the doctors that it's a psychological issue".... well if you believe it works for you... then you can stick with it."

Leigh

Re: Why don't doctors think there is a food/IBS connection? I'm not being cynical. new
      #109827 - 10/02/04 01:55 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

i agree with you gr8ful. doctors are quacks when they think that way. my dr is a almost a smart dr. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Re: Why don't doctors think there is a food/IBS connection? I'm not being cynical. new
      #109834 - 10/02/04 02:29 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

My intent with this question is not to be disrespectful to doctors. I know they are very intelligent, have had tons of schooling, and want to help people. I just truly want to understand their reasoning behind thinking there is no correlation to the food we put in our digestive track and IBS, a digestive disorder. It seems there must be some ideas in their collective thinking that makes them draw these conclusions. Again, have there been any studies that the medical community have done to show there is no link?

Leigh

Re: Eating disorders and ibs is a good idea. new
      #109913 - 10/03/04 04:15 AM
Martak

Reged: 09/16/04

Re: What is the best first step to take to start the IBS diet? new
      #110037 - 10/03/04 03:54 PM
MiMiLu

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Subs of Detroit,MI.

this is exactly what I need to know, how do you start? what do you do first? begin the fiber Aca???whatever it's called and read the books and then do the changing of the diet?? help

--------------------
Mary(MiMiLu) I have ibs,diverticulosis,diabetes,
HBP, and a lot of weight to lose.

Re: Why is there a feeling of fullness and nausea after eating (even small amounts)? nt. new
      #113161 - 10/15/04 06:16 AM
melissa01

Reged: 10/13/04
Loc: Scranton, PA

I don't have that answer for you, but I can tell you I go through the same thing. Especially the fullness. Physically also, as the day wears on my abdomen gets bigger and bigger. Then after I awake the next morning it goes down to just about normal. I don't get alot of nausea. I do get it but not as much as I used to before I went to low fat foods.
Hopefully someone can explain this fullness/nausea. I would be interested in eharing the answer myself.

Re: Is low dose enteric aspirin daily for prevention of heart attack OK with IBS? new
      #113245 - 10/15/04 10:36 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

You have brought up a very interesting point. While you are waiting to hear from others, give your Cardiologist a call.

Good luck!

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2964 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 34379

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review