All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Almost a month......
      #108441 - 09/26/04 09:16 AM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Well I almost made it a month but... last night it happened. I am so mad and upset. I decided to try and have pizza but make it with toppings that I could handle well I brought the store brand pizza dough and I think that did it. I just didn't have the time to make the pizza dough from scratch not thinking that it would do anything to me and it did.

I will have to start over again and hopefully will make it month. I managed to go almost four weeks so I can do it again. Before I had the attack I almost forgot what they were like because it had been so long since I had one but the memory sure does come back fast. I surely do hate having this crap and hate feeling like crap and having to worry about if I am eating something that is going to upset my stomach. I just wish I could go back to being normal again and just be able to eat what I want. Need to go but just needed to vent a little and I know this is the best place to vent because everyone understands what is going on.

--------------------
Michelle

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Almost a month...... new
      #108458 - 09/26/04 12:57 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Pizza is one of my weaknesses too. Totally sympathize.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#108460 - 09/26/04 01:04 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Mitch,

I can totally relate to everything you have said here. I found out about Heather's diet about a year ago. I followed the diet to the letter and I haven't felt that good in years. Slowly I have started adding things that are not good for me back into my diet and slowly I have been feeling worse and worse. Last night I ate pizza again and drank Dr. Pepper and I had the worst stomach ache, cramps, etc. all night long. I finally decided that I am tired of sabataging myself and I went back on the diet today.

I want to feel good again and like you I am so tired of all of this IBS stuff. I am tired of feeling bad. I guess what we must realize is that we cannot eat like everyone else. Just know that we all cheat every now and then. You almost went a month this time so I know that you can do it again.

Good luck

--------------------
Janey

#108461 - 09/26/04 01:15 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I can relate. I hate not being able to eat like everyone else, and always worring weather or not this food is safe.
I am having a hard time with dairy.
I hope you feel better soon and I know you can do it.

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Have idea for alternative to store bought pizza dough new
      #108463 - 09/26/04 01:24 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

We always use Greek style pitas. Makes for terrific little mini pizzas.

You should not look at this as a failure. You should look at this as WOW! Only once in the last 4 weeks! I am making progress!! You should feel so good about that fact that it has only been once!!

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#108588 - 09/27/04 10:36 AM
Mitch

Thanks everyone for your responses. I am still pretty frustrated with this because I try so hard to be good and am trying to lose weight but for some reason my body doesn't want to lose the weight. I went and got weighed this morning and of course gained instead of lost. That is just so frustrating. I mean you would think that with a diet like this I should be able to lose the weight. I workout everyday and really watch what I eat. I mean I keep a log and my trainer and I go over it but still nothing. Yes I know that you should also go by the way the clothes fit and those are getting lose but it would also be nice if the scale would show it too. I just am feeling so discouraged and frustrated and almost want to just give up but I know that I can't.

But I am going to keep going and hopefully make it a month with no attack I mean I almost did four weeks so I can do a month. One thing I did find out this morning is that my nurse practitioner who I see because I am on Coumadin and have to have my blood tested every month also has IBS but I don't think that she has it quite as bad as I do. She stated she could eat pizza and alot of other stuff. I see my doctor next month and I am going to have her run more tests to make sure that all I have is IBS, GERD and hital hernia. I just feel like sometimes there is more going on then just IBS. For some reason my GI doctor doesn't want to run these tests but I know that my doctor will. She is really great.

Well I guess I have gone enough gotta get to work. Thanks for letting me go off.

--------------------
Michelle

Pizza also new
      #108590 - 09/27/04 10:37 AM
Evan

Reged: 04/03/04

Pizza did it for me as well...However- I've been feeling lousy for about three weeks and I figured- how much worse could it get- and the answer is- not that much worse!! so- at least I had a pizza and salad nad everythig else- now Ihave to go and make myself better....

DH makes the best pizza for me new
      #108592 - 09/27/04 10:43 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I'll post his dough recipe.. it does take hours to make... but you can freeze it between risings or make it the night before...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#108699 - 09/27/04 06:12 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I second your statement that you forget what an attack feels like after not having one for so long. I have not had an attack in about 3 weeks. Then my supportive mother (sarcasm here) drops off some homemade chocolate cheesecake on Saturady especially for me. She knows I can't have it but she is still convinced all of this IBS/Fibro stuff is in my head. And she actually half convinced me or at least enough to be a dumb bunny and eat half a slice. I woke up at 2:30 a.m. from the Fibro (don't sleep real well but getting better) and I had an attack of D. I thought I was going to die from the pain or wake the whole house up. I had forgotten the pain! I was no good the rest of the next day. So I told my mom what happened and she laughed!

Well, I learned my lesson!
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#108717 - 09/27/04 09:29 PM
blastoff99

Reged: 09/27/04
Loc: NW WA

Mitch, I hear you on the weight loss issue. I was working out every day and eating right for *four months* and didn't lose a pound. I was so mad that I said "screw it; I'll just quit exercising since it doesn't matter anyway." Whoops. It DID matter. True, my weight's no different, but now I sure feel worse. I guess I had done myself some good that I didn't give myself credit for... and now since I've been off exercising for so long, I get to start clear at the bottom of the long steep hill again. It really feels hopeless to have to start again from here, and it's easier just to whine and feel sorry for myself than it is to start again.

So don't stop. Good for you for keeping it up even when you're not seeing the results you'd like. It's making a difference, believe me.

#108899 - 09/28/04 03:27 PM
Mitch

I am not going to stop just because I am not seeing the results. I am just frustrated because I do so good but it doesn't show on the scale. I know it will. Believe me I won't quit because my wonderful trainer won't let me. He would shot me if I stopped going to the gym plus I have gotten this far I don't want to stop now.

--------------------
Michelle

#108911 - 09/28/04 04:51 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

Mitch: Keep on going-I've lost 48 lbs on the diet-have had plateaus-funny thing is, I was not trying-just by following the diet I have!!! Hang in there. remember, muscle weighs more than fat! maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 255 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1222

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review