All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I have finally had enough
      #108417 - 09/26/04 12:45 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Ok, so I have finally decided that I have had enough and am over my rebellious streak. Laying in bed again last night with horrible stomach cramps and just aches it came to me that I can no longer do this to myself. I am tired of feeling bad because I am not eating the right foods. This time last year I found Heather's diet and I followed it to the letter. I have never felt so good. Starting today I am back on the diet strictly and will only eat foods that my body can tolerate. I am no longer going to eat food that makes me feel sick. I don't know what was wrong with me but it was like I was tired of being different and I was eating whatever I wanted even though I knew it would make me feel bad. I am over all of that now as of today. I want to feel good again.

--------------------
Janey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yeah Janey! new
      #108418 - 09/26/04 01:02 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You can do it. I'm so glad to hear you're ready to do what it takes to feel better... we all hate seeing you feeling rotten!

I was actually just saying something to this effect to Adam today. He made a comment about how I'm doing so much better, and that soon I'd be able to "eat like a normal person again". That's when I realized that NO, I can't... that's ALWAYS what's gotten me right back to the point I was at a couple months ago, in the past. No more. We found what works and we gotta stick to it!

Good luck - I'm rooting for you!

Re: I have finally had enough new
      #108420 - 09/26/04 01:52 AM
SisterDawn

Reged: 09/16/04
Loc: Iowa.

Way to go, Janey! I'm not glad you were feeling so terrible, but I am very glad you've decided to make a change and follow Heather's diet. I've just found this recently myself, and am trying to eat like a good girl, which is difficult after five years of being a college student and eating like one. Good luck to you on following the diet and feeling better, and I'm impressed with your resolve!

#108421 - 09/26/04 03:54 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

WAy to go!

I have felt so much better on this diet I cna't see going off it again for anything!

keep up the good work!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: You go ! new
      #108431 - 09/26/04 06:50 AM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I have been SEMI following the diet and last week I gave up my favorite margarine, which is hi fat and has some dairy in it, and replaced it with butter flavored oil spray (I eat LOTS of toast). I also gave up ice cold glasses of Perrier. I have been doing really well despite a stressful week at work. Is it my diet changes or just luck? Don't know but it's working!

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#108459 - 09/26/04 01:01 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Good for you, Janey! Welcome back "on the wagon", sweetie pie!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#108462 - 09/26/04 01:18 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Good for you Janey. I wish we could all eat what we want. i truley wish there was better meds out there that would allow us to. I wish you the best and keep us informed on how you do.

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Yeah Janey! Me too! new
      #108638 - 09/27/04 01:18 PM
Niki J

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: UK

Good for you, I have been exactly where you are, I've been really rebelling and my poor tummy is saying no more!

Hubby is going food shopping tomorrow night and I've written a great list of all the healthy things I can have!!!

We can do this!
Niki
xxx

#108660 - 09/27/04 03:43 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Good news!!!! Keep it up.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Day 3 new
      #108725 - 09/28/04 01:01 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Thank you all for your support. I knew you would understand like no one else does. I am going into my third day of eating right and I am already starting to feel better.

Since I have followed Heather's diet in the past and it worked for me I know that I will feel much better if only I eat right. Maybe this will be it for me and eating all the wrong things. I sure hope so. There are times when it is difficult because I am a big snacker and junk food eater. I love sweets, chips, popcorn and soda. I eat healthy meals but like to snack on junk in between. I am working very hard to break these habits once again. I have to reach for the banana instead of chocolate. Boy is that hard to do.

Again, Thanks for your support.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Day 3 new
      #108807 - 09/28/04 10:25 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Just stock up on Baked Lays! Heather swears by them. Also baked tortilla chips?? And cocoa powder is your new best friend! Dust that banana with cocoa powder and sugar - YUM!

Just don't let yourself feel deprived or you'll be tempted to cheat again! Let's hear it for DAY 3!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2239 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 840

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review