All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: I can relate-Laurie & beaglelover new
      #11000 - 06/07/03 05:23 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Mags I bet a lot of us can relate. My husband would love to send me away one week a month! I can get very angry, but I walk away before I yell and cry by myself in a room. I see my Doc on Monday and will have PMS and I'll probably cry in front of him.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I can relate-BarbaraS new
      #11006 - 06/07/03 06:15 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Why are you going to cry in front of the Doc? Are you okay?

Re: I can relate- re. Mags new
      #11064 - 06/07/03 08:22 PM
BarbaraS

No I'm not okay. I am so stressed out between my children being home for the summer and I started Summer School last week. I'm stressed out thinking about how I'm going to juggle my kids activities and one of my kids has to go to summer school and how I'm going to manage three classes and be a good mom. To top it off my stomach has been hurting for at least three weeks and I'm starting PMS. My doctor's appt. couldn't have come at a better time. Once I get into the routine of my Summer - I won't feel so anxious.
Thanks for asking.
Barbara

#11069 - 06/07/03 11:45 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Barbara,

So sorry you are feeling so stressed out at the moment. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I can certainly relate to your comment about trying to be a good mum and not let the IBS interfere with that. I struggle with that too.

Now sounds like a really important time for you to try to combat the stress as much as you can. As a mother I know it can be hard to get time to yourself but I try to incorporate some time each day for de-stressing. See if you can get even 1/2 an hour to walk around the block, do some yoga, or deep breathing, reading, whatever works for you.

Stress is such a big trigger, I find it's best if I get into a routine of giving myself some relaxation time before things get bad.

Hope things ease up for you,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: Another Delusional Article Bashing Carbs new
      #11257 - 06/10/03 11:06 AM
Zaftig1

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: USA

I hear ya!! I absolutely hate these low carb diet things! They will make life harder for US!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind".

Re: thanks beagle new
      #11258 - 06/10/03 11:07 AM
Zaftig1

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: USA

Amen sister!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind".

Re: I can relate- re. Barbara new
      #11269 - 06/10/03 12:42 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Barbara! How did your doc appt. go? Hope you're feeling better!

Re: I can relate-Laurie & beaglelover new
      #11286 - 06/10/03 01:30 PM
Laurie

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Houston, TX

I flew off the handle last night thanks to PMS. I was soo mad at my husband I almost threw the raw chicken out in the back yard. Luckily I came to senses and stopped myself.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: I can relate- re. Kinzo new
      #11365 - 06/11/03 07:27 AM
BarbaraS

Thanks Kerrie for you words of encouragement. Normally I handle stress well (thanks to drugs), but sometimes it overwhelms me. I use to destress at night with a good book or TV, but I fall asleep by 9:00 every night.
I am thinking about getting a small group of moms together to go out once a month with no children and hubby!! Just having that to look forward to every month will be helpful.
I know you are a teacher and I do have a child with ADHD and without medication he is very diffcult to handle. My husband wants him to take a drug holiday for the summer and I don't. I am still giving him his medication, because I know I can't handle the stress of him bouncing off the walls. Now I have to deal with the stress of an unhappy husband.
In the mean time my IBS has been flaring up everyday and when my flares up I deal with sharp pain. Hopefully this weekend I can head to Milwaukee to spend time with friends and relax!!
Barbara

#11369 - 06/11/03 07:45 AM
BarbaraS

Hi Mags,
Thanks for asking about my appt. My appt. went well and my Doc change my medication. He lowered my Levsin dose in hope it will help deal with the side effects better. He also switched me from Paxil to Paxil CR. He said the new Paxil helps calm the stomach and it comes in lower doses, because the time release works slower.
I didn't cry, but came close. I was in constant stomach pain all weekend and by Sunday night I couldn't move without sharp shooting pain. I have been eating only sour dough bread, dry rice chex and bananas. I got up and worked out this morning and so far everything seems to be fine today with my stomach.
The only stupid thing I did this morning was take my medication along with my son's meds, which he take concerta and clonidine for ADHD. I have never done that before, so I called the Pharmacists and he told me to be very careful today. I will be dizzy and dealing with low blood pressure. So much for driving today.
Tomorrow will be a better day - it has to be!!
Barbara

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1004 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8587

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review