All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re:Casey new
      #107661 - 09/22/04 03:29 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

WHATEVER how dare you I am just kidding. I suck at spelling . I want people to be able to find this to. Thank you for telling me. Don't be embrassed at all. I will fix right now.
THANK YOU

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thank you for that perspective... new
      #107663 - 09/22/04 03:32 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...because I do think it's important to mention that they *don't* work for everyone, just like any other medication. Your response to the Paxil is exactly what I was afraid of, and what kept me from trying an AD for so long - several friends had similar experiences on Prozac, and I thought that's what AD's were *supposed* to do.

You bring up a really good point: careful monitoring by yourself and your doctor is important. My GP wants to see me monthly for a while, to see how mine is working for me.

Thanks for that!

Hahaha! new
      #107664 - 09/22/04 03:33 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I didn't think you'd mind... but I still felt like an a$$. It'll show up in searches now! Yay!

Re: Antidepressants How have they helped you? new
      #107665 - 09/22/04 03:34 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

I've been on Zoloft a little over two mos. I'm at 100 mg now Heather, had pretty much the same side effects as you but gone now. My doc said when I reach around 4 mos I will probably need to increase the dosage as you start to need more then so we'll see. My IBS got tons better before I started taking them so don't know if they would have helped that or not. I went on anti-D for anxiety so that is what has improved for me.

Re: Amber new
      #107666 - 09/22/04 03:35 PM
heather7476

I am so sorry to hear about your experince. I wanted all kinds of feedback so thank you. I think I need to chance the title of this post. I hope you are doing well and thanks for sharing this with us.
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Antidepressants How have they worked for you? new
      #107698 - 09/22/04 07:01 PM
dmosher

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: New Hampshire

I had a severe 'crying episode' as I like to call them, on monday and missed work again because of it - I then realized that I needed to see my doctor about possible depression. I knew for a while something was wrong but hesitated on going - anyway she started me on Zoloft I am at 25mg now and next week go to 50mg for three weeks and then I wil see her again.
I have not exprienced any side effects yet but it is probably too soon. She did warn me that a big side effect is no sex drive and that if it happened to let her know so she could change it.

I too woudl like to know how many others are on the same and how they have been able to handle it with IBS...

--------------------
Donell

I Will! -nt new
      #107721 - 09/22/04 10:07 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

#107730 - 09/22/04 11:53 PM
SisterDawn

Reged: 09/16/04
Loc: Iowa.

Hi, all. I am currently taking 25 MG per day of Paxel CR for depression. It helps with the emotional problems, but it has some lousy side effects. Nearly a constnat, dragging fatigue, always thirsty, and minor constant headache. I've learned to fight these by dramatically increasing how much water I drink, which of course is good for my IBS, too. However, when we've tried other meds, they've not had side effects, but also not treated the depression. The Paxel has increased my appetite and eating, but it hasn't really effected my IBS. My eating habits have done that! I didn't even know there could be a link to AD's and IBS, till seeing this thread. Thanks for the new info!

Re: Amber new
      #107734 - 09/23/04 12:01 AM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Thanks for the sweet post. I was worried about posting earlier about my experience, because I didn't want to put a damper on anyone else's enthusiasm, but I realize that that was just plain stupid. The reason I had a problem was because no one bothered to tell me about the possiblility. So thank you for giving me the chance to correct my mistake.

I am doing a lot better than I was then. Still depressed at times, but still feeling pretty good. I know this might sound pretty weird (and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone!) but the O/D was probably one of the best things that could have happened to me at the time. It was a learning experience (and luckily I was naive enough about medications that I had the chance to learn from it), and I carry it with me all the time. I think that's why I haven't slipped back into the depression.

Anyway, thank you!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#107767 - 09/23/04 06:08 AM
heather7476

I am sorry your having such bad side effects, glad your moods are better. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
How long have you been taking Paxil. Maybe the side effects will get better.
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 849 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 57533

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review