All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Antidepressants How have they worked for you? new
      #112001 - 10/11/04 09:31 AM
ChucksKat

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

Hi, everyone-

I feel weird, as my experiences have not been good with AD's. I also have Interstitial Cystitis, however, and Zoloft has caused a major flare of that bladder disease. Then, the dr. switched me to Loprexa, which many here do well with, but with IBS-C, it caused major IBS pain and GERD pain. I go back this afternoon, and I just know he is going to probably think, "what am I going to do with you, Kathy?" I do have anxiety issues, so I know I need something. I hope he can find something to help me that won't affect the diseases I have. I kinda feel I am the only one here who didn't do well with AD's. I am so happy that you all seem to, though. I would never begrudge anyone good days and better health. Have a good day, everyone!

Kathy S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: BUMP For NEWBIES!!! new
      #113204 - 10/15/04 08:05 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

There has been alot of talk and questions from the new members so i thought i would bump this for them. Hope noone minds. Newbies or oldbies (is that even a word ) feel free to respond to anything in here!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: BUMP For NEWBIES!!! new
      #113673 - 10/17/04 09:36 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Hey guys! I just went on Lexapro a little while ago, haven't noticed it affecting my IBS yet(though I'm still upping the dose), but it unexpected helped my GERD a lot! Is that weird? Like I'm on Protonix, but I was still getting acid reflux almost everyday and I was really nervous that I was going to need surgery, and then I started the Lexapro and BAM, gone That'd be fantastic if it helped the IBS as well, guess I'll just have to wait and see.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: question about Effexor new
      #113678 - 10/17/04 11:03 PM

Unregistered

I used to be on Effexor. And any time I had a change in the dosage, I too got somewhat depressed and down. Which was odd b/c I didn't even have dpression to begin with. Just anxiety. Try riding it out for a few days and if it doesn't get better definitely speak to a Dr.

#118179 - 11/02/04 04:10 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Which antidepressant do you take?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#118200 - 11/02/04 04:31 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

not sure if this is directed at someone or a general question. I take 20mg citalopram.
Sinead

--------------------
S.

#121443 - 11/13/04 06:45 AM
Cathryn

Reged: 10/31/04

What do you take for gas that works? I am at a loss for finding something that works for me.

Cathryn new
      #121457 - 11/13/04 07:44 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I take the genric form of extra strenghth gas x!! I buy the wal green's brand! I take two before dinner and three before bed!! It realy helps!! It may take a few days before you notice a differance though!!!
Hope this helps!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Casey, update on my Lexapro... new
      #121599 - 11/13/04 10:35 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I don't think I am doing well on it at all. I am having terrible anxiety, hives, food cravings. I just saw my doc the other day, I should not have gone in for the apt. because I was not having a good day mentally. I told him everything seems to be ok, when in all actuallity I was in an I just don't give a care state of mind. And, I really don't care, about anything, period. I am miserable, in need of a change, I guess I will call and ask for a change this week, nothing he could give me could put me in a worse state of mind. HOpe you are doing good. I feel like I am in the pits.

Re: UPDATE on Lexapro new
      #121601 - 11/13/04 10:49 PM
stomachache

Reged: 11/13/04

Hello. I just joined this forum as I am new to this whole med thing. I just had a sigmoid and egd. My doc said it was gastritis. Basically, the issues with my stomach were pretty straight forward. I would eat something, and it would move through me in like 20-30 min. When i would go out and get nervous, i'd have a stomach ache and be paranoid about having to use the bathroom and get sick. Not all the time, but pretty often. My doc first put me on prevacid and bentyl. The bentyl worked great as i only made 1 bowel movement a day compared to like 3 or 4. It gave me tightness in my scrotum which was not cool. Anyways, he did the procedure, and said he feels it's more of a mental thing. He put me on 5mg of lexapro for this as he said it controls my brainwaves that trigger my stomach and will keep me from having stomach spasm's and having to go to the bathrom every 5 minutes. I have been on it for 3 days now, 1 tab in the morning. It makes me feel a bit dizzy/nautious, but he said that will go away. It has also started to make it a bit harder sexually in having orgasm and makes me go longer. It's definately not normal for me to feel this way sexually as i get like a resistance near orgasm. Anyways, i know this is a side effect for men with these types of drugs. I am not depressed, just the normal feeling down, stressed, etc type stuff. I do get a bit worked up at times and it causes me to have a stomach ache. I'm just not into feeling like i'm on a med as i never have before. I don't feel myself, but i hope it wears off. Please tell me what you think of this, how it's being treated. So far, i have noticed that i am not in the bathroom every 5 minutes, but i also am not into sexual side effects. Thanks and looking forward to some replies

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1357 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 56868

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review